Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How do I fix "no path" spam?  (Read 1387 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: How do I fix "no path" spam?
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2011, 09:19:05 am »

If I build a loom in my fortress thats only 5-10 z levels below the ground and order weavers to gather webs from the caverns 30 z levels down, I get no path spam. Seems to be fixed by building a loom in the caverns where the webs are. I've never seen it for anything like just a dwarf trying to drink or go on break or anything though.
In my example, the caverns were un-explored, but there was a path.  This only ever happens with natural caves and tunnels.  They'll path their way down to a single web (or sock) in the most obscure corners of the map, as long as they can "see" it.

Dreggon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2011, 03:37:40 am »

Ah, problem solved (at last). The hunter was trying to go down to the caverns to kill a giant cave spider.

No idea what the guy on the food stockpile was doing, though. Maybe he just REALLY likes lobster...

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2011, 03:54:49 am »

I'm completely out of ideas. I have hunters who claim they can't hunt because there's no path (there is), a cook who can't cook because there's no path (ugh), and even worse, a woodcutter who claims he can't drink because - yet again - no path.

The woodcutter is standing on the food stockpile. There is a barrel of food underneath him. He still can't find a path.

I am unable to reach into my PC and strangle him into submission. Does anybody have a workaround?

Maybe you broke some of your ramps by digging out the walls next to them or you have a locked door that they can't path through?
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.
Pages: 1 [2]