Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A trip down memory lane  (Read 664 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
A trip down memory lane
« on: March 02, 2011, 04:32:41 pm »

So, the other night, i was out with a friend, we had a big bottle of beer, i didn't eat anything the whole day and it was cold, we talked, and among other things we mentioned jumping as kids, you know, climbing somewhere high then just jumping down to the ground, that sparked a memory of the expirience, so here it goes.

I'm sitting on the ledge, the drop isn't very high, but it seems high to my 9 year old self.There are other kids around, but they are a blur, i'm focused on the drop, the fear is incredibly overpowering, the possible outcomes are just piling up.I start counting, jumping on three, all the while i'm tensing up, slowly pushing myself from the ledge.Then as i count past three, i'm still afraid, i still don't jump, then i think, i am not a coward, i will never be.I push myself off the ledge.I fly, the first second is terrifying, i am afraid, there is no coming back, i lost all control over the outcome the moment i let go of the ledge.Then a second tought comes with the next second, I AM FLYING, completley free of the ground, an adrenaline rush hits me as i hit the soft grass.I slowly stand up, still weak from the fear and excitement i look up at the place i was sitting on just a few seconds before, it seems like the top of the world i just jumped off, at this moment i feel indestructible, able to take on the world, and as the adrenaline rush fades my mind is focused on one tought.AGAIN!

So, share with us your little memory flashbacks.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: A trip down memory lane
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 04:50:25 pm »

I have a firm childhood memory of a cool secret passage hidden behind a bookcase in my grandparents old home, but my parents always told me it wasn't real and I probably dreamed it.

I probably did!  Childhood fake memories are cooler than adult real memories any day of the week.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 12:32:08 am »

My earliest memory was crawling through our kitchen and looking outside an open door.  I remember the kitchen quite clearly, the little brown mat that we had with a white flower on it, the green lawns, and the houses across the street...  Somehow it impacted my ~3 year old mind and I still remember it quite vividly.  Even since then, my memories are, at best, vague.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 02:12:45 pm »

Most of my memories before I was 4 are vague and foggy, and from 4-16 I was in compulsory education with hundreds of people I didn't like.
Most of my really good memories are post-17, when I was old enough to look old enough to go out with my older friends, who are a pretty awesome bunch.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.