Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Naked Time  (Read 793 times)

Satlan_Leng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Naked Time
« on: February 28, 2011, 08:01:10 pm »

So in another older post about everyone's fav problem FPS. A person claimed that after rendering their dwarfs nude, his fps went up alot. What mods would i need to make to test this? As in change it so dwarfs no longer try to wear clothing.

PopeRichardCorey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Naked Time
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 08:19:07 pm »

One way would be to just not make any clothes.  Eventually the dwarves' owned clothes will all rot away, and they'll just wander around that way.
And when you build your fortress walls from the bones of skeletal elephants, slain my weapons forged from melted goblin plunder, fed on cattle that graze on grass that blinks.  Then, you will know dwarfdom.

Satlan_Leng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 08:29:30 pm »

Im not sure its so simple. What im looking to do is get around the "Claim/want new clothing" To see if that is lagging the game down or not. I think eve if all the clothing rots off, and I smash all the fortress clothing. They will still "want to claim" clothing.

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 09:14:53 pm »

I think you would have to go into entity_default.txt and remove the entries under Dwarves for robes, togas, gloves, shoes, socks, etc.  I think it would require a regen.
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

Funburns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 11:07:16 pm »

Remember, this would make your dwarves completely vulnerable to forgotten beast syndromes getting on their feet and hands. If you want to use clothes instead of engineering to try and protect against that (and this would only apply to adults anyways, since children never seem to pick up their clothing), you could leave some sort of foot and hand coverings in the game. Or mod in gloveshoes, gloves connected by a string to not only each other, but also to a pair of shoes, so as to cover both body parts while only having one token to reduce the processing and memory footprint. Since dwarves aren't clumsy enough already.

Make sure to assign all your civilians hand and foot coverings in squads if you choose to use a clothing protection method for protecting against forgotten beast extract.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 11:09:47 pm by Funburns »

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 11:21:25 pm »

If you are putting them in squads, you might as well skip clothing and give them armor. Even something gauntlets/boots made of cheap materials will work, and they wont rot away like clothes.

Satlan_Leng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 11:34:38 pm »

Remember, this would make your dwarves completely vulnerable to forgotten beast syndromes getting on their feet and hands. If you want to use clothes instead of engineering to try and protect against that (and this would only apply to adults anyways, since children never seem to pick up their clothing), you could leave some sort of foot and hand coverings in the game. Or mod in gloveshoes, gloves connected by a string to not only each other, but also to a pair of shoes, so as to cover both body parts while only having one token to reduce the processing and memory footprint. Since dwarves aren't clumsy enough already.

Make sure to assign all your civilians hand and foot coverings in squads if you choose to use a clothing protection method for protecting against forgotten beast extract.

This is very true but not the point of this test. Its to see if the long running "will not claim now clothing" bug is making alot of lag or not. The fort im running was all dug in the first year, hit its max pop the second. Nothing else has been done, just living a few more years. As most say around year 6 or 7 the fps dropped from 100 down to 60-70. Its yet to ever go blow 50 cept for a seige. So i think i have a good test fort for this "bug"