Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Spliting stacked items in inventory.  (Read 614 times)

jerank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Spliting stacked items in inventory.
« on: March 01, 2011, 12:12:43 pm »

My newest adventurer is rather a useful chap. He recently killed a cave dragon and butchered it down to componants. However, I am now faced with a rather nasty problem. If he tries to craft anything out of the remains, they all vanish. So he can make one singular +Cave Dragon Bone Spearhead+ from 245 peices of dragon bone. This is obviously something irritating, so I'd like to know if there is any way of splitting a stack of items in Adventure mode, so I can get more then one item out of a bone stack.

I am running 31.18 and Genesis.

Assassinfox

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
    • Raging at the Box
Re: Spliting stacked items in inventory.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 01:40:25 pm »

Have you tried throwing them?  He should throw individual bones instead of the whole stack at once.  When he picks them back up, instead of restacking, each bone will take up its own stack.

jerank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 01:57:26 pm »

I tried this. He threw them all. He was holding them at the time. Does it make a difference if the thrower is holding the items in his hands or pulling them from his backpack?

Zanethda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 09:28:29 pm »

Bones don't split from the stack when thrown, sadly. Other items like coins, food and liquids do.
On the item is an image of Ngom Fishsin the goblin and a alligator in mountain goat leather. The alligator is striking down Ngom Fishsin. The artwork relates to the killing of the goblin Ngom Fishsin by a alligator in Crueljoy in The Mechanical Spine in the late autumn of 11 during Kaguskok, "The Crazy Assault".

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 12:33:11 am »

You could temporarily change one of the reactions to give multiple products from a single stack of bones.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.