Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Strange Diplomat  (Read 1486 times)

Grumbledook

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Strange Diplomat
« on: December 28, 2010, 07:49:52 pm »

I've just gone to 31.18 and got a settlement to 70ish dwarves, and I get a 'chameleon fiend diplomat' turning up. Now I'm really not sure what to make of this... Apparently I should 'beware it's deadly blood', but it's currently trying to have a meeting with one of my nobles. Should I be worried? No 'Chameleon Fiend' civilization on the civs list either... and nothing on magmawiki.

Don't know if this will make a difference, but the thing got ambushed by goblins before reaching the fortress - I chased them off but now it's injured and bleeding everywhere, and it's blood is deadly.

Will this be 'fun'?

Goblins make the best target practice.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Strange Diplomat
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 07:56:20 pm »

Basicaly, a forgotten beast was all like "Tired of these caves, lets go to the surface!" So he found a way out, and went to hang around with some humans. The humans were all like "Yea, he is a cool guy! Let's make him a diplomat!" and then he went to vist your fortress.

He is freindly enough, unless he starts to bleed...

Funtimes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 07:57:44 pm »

Wall yourself in, build a magma trap.
Or get a dwarfwash by your entrance.

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 08:00:18 pm »

Occasionally, humans elect demons as their diplomats. All he wants to do is sit in your mayor's office, comment on how nice the place is, and leave.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

Grumbledook

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 08:17:26 pm »

That fits with what's happening, thanks guys.

Humans are... freaking weird

Angry Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • Prone to catastrophic apathy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 09:21:50 pm »

Before you go, tell us exactly what the poisonous blood does to those exposed to it. Station someone no one likes to stand in it. Then report back to us.
FUN FOR THE FUN GOD

DuckBoy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 10:04:18 pm »

Skewer him with traps near your entrance, not enough to kill him, just to coat your spears with his blood, said spears should be able to use his blood on all future enemies! 

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 10:51:20 pm »

Basicaly, a forgotten beast was all like "Tired of these caves, lets go to the surface!" So he found a way out, and went to hang around with some humans. The humans were all like "Yea, he is a cool guy! Let's make him a diplomat!" and then he went to vist your fortress.

Not a forgotten beast tired of the caverns - a demon escaped from Hell, and he tricked the Humans into thinking he was their God.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 10:55:01 pm »

And this is why I love humans. They are the one non-dwarven race that has redeemed themselves to me. Excluding monsters.
The least you could have done was throw down some booze and seasoning. Abyssal Monsters that Creatures of the Light Know Not Of aren't savages, y'know. Sharing's caring.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 11:03:47 pm »

And this is why I love humans. They are the one non-dwarven race that has redeemed themselves to me. Excluding monsters.

which... includes everyone BUT elves, right?

But yeah, the first time I had a demon diplomat, my whole guard stationed outside of the meeting room, just in case. I was just waiting for him to get pissed and start throwing things. Instead he talked (in very big words) about how nice my little outpost was. Then he left. I have to tell you though, the guy is pretty intimidating. Every time one of these guys comes to one of my forts I will station guards outside of the meeting.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 07:52:49 am »

He's a building destroyer actually, so you'd better beware him walking around your fort rasing doors brindges floodgates workshops and the like. if you have any doors holding watedr or magma you'd better kill him outright. sieging humans bring even more meat and stuff than trading humans

madciol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 09:16:09 am »

He's a building destroyer actually, so you'd better beware him walking around your fort rasing doors brindges floodgates workshops and the like. if you have any doors holding watedr or magma you'd better kill him outright. sieging humans bring even more meat and stuff than trading humans
That bug was supposed to be already fixed.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2010, 09:41:11 am »

that's cool, still i'd suggest killing him! He's bloody demon after all! you never know what he is going to do, and sieging humans really are of more use than trading ones! :)

Grumbledook

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2011, 05:06:25 pm »

Before you go, tell us exactly what the poisonous blood does to those exposed to it. Station someone no one likes to stand in it. Then report back to us.

Ah... I'm not playing that fort anymore, but I don't remember anyone ever getting sick from the blood. The office where the meeting took place was totally covered in the stuff as well, so not a danger.
"Would be great if their blood was deadly though" thought Urist McLovesMoats