Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Which Raws to change?  (Read 619 times)

GrayFoxUA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Which Raws to change?
« on: February 26, 2011, 05:55:05 pm »

I have recently decided to create a killing room for all the dwarves I don't like (Urist McSoapmaker) after excessive use my body pile has accumilated. I wouldn't want the pile to go to waste so I decided to try to chop up the corpses to make lovely bone crafts. But of course dwarves wouldn't butcher sentient creatures :(. What raws would I need to change to make it ok for them to cut up their friends?

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: Which Raws to change?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 06:00:50 pm »

Impossible with raw modding right now. You can mod dwarves to eat goblins, elves, etc. but they still wont eat other dwarves. Reactions too ignore dead dwarves.

The only way is to flag a live dwarf with the butcherable tag with some utility, his friends then drag him to the butchers shop and eat him without complaint.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

GrayFoxUA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 06:02:03 pm »

damn :\

janglur

• Bay Watcher
  • +Blood Soup+
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 06:14:18 pm »

Only in DF do players get disappointed by a lack of non-consequential cannibalism.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 11:37:53 am »

You can mod dwarves to eat goblins, elves, etc. but they still wont eat other dwarves.
It can be done. You need to have [INTELLIGENT] as a caste-level tag, and then your edible caste will sort of piggy-back on the intelligence of the others. I think it's more of a civ thing than a creature thing, with the game looking at the entity's creature, looking for intelligence, and then... not really bothering with castes or something. Since your non-INTELLIGENT dwarves have butchery menus instead of labour menus you'll need to use DT to assign labours, but that's no real problem.

In theory you could have one intelligent caste with a pop ratio of 0, leading to an entire fortress of edibles, but I've never tried that one.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 12:16:33 pm »

Actually, I thought you could simply [ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_SAME_RACE:ACCEPTABLE]