Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My Fantasy World - Prog Nasik  (Read 545 times)

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
My Fantasy World - Prog Nasik
« on: March 01, 2011, 08:09:57 pm »

I've started thinking about making a fantasy world when I was trying to come up with an original and unique fantasy setting for my role playing group with a different theme than the standard high fantasy, and also to have a different kind of religion than the "Active yet indirect" gods. As such, I will break it up into three sections: Religion, Geography, and Culture. As the history starts to be fleshed out, I may include some of that.

Spoiler: Religion (click to show/hide)

Soon I'll post the general Geography and Culture.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 04:21:49 pm by Psyco Jelly »
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Fantasy World - Prog Nasik
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 03:26:36 pm »

It looks pretty interesting so far, but there are a few things that I wonder:

- Why are the Tyrants such jerks?
- Why did Stvart give the Liberator any wish he wanted? With them being such jerks he should have guessed what the Liberator would wish for.
- What's in it for the Tyrant cultists? Do they gain power etc. from worshipping the Tyrants? There must be something if they're worshipping otherwise jerky gods.
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
Re: My Fantasy World - Prog Nasik
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 04:11:25 pm »

My idea was that the Tyrants weren't really hateful toward humans so much as they were uncaring. And the Tyrants most certainly don't oppose people that would serve them, ranging from complete apathy to tangible rewards. The Cultists usually believe that the current religious majority had cast an undeservedly negative light on the Tyrants, or in some cases completely fabricated their wrongdoings. The Tyrants still have some connection to the world through the afterlife realm, and do much more for their worshipers than the Martyrs do.

It's less that they were jerks, and more that everyone thinks they were jerks. This may have something to do with why the Liberator's wish was granted.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 04:23:01 pm by Psyco Jelly »
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.