Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mod help request  (Read 905 times)

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
Mod help request
« on: February 23, 2011, 06:27:13 am »

Ok, I have a partially working mod to decorate items with dyes, but the problem is that I cant get the reagent required narrow enough to not allow you to dye objects in swords and such, but wide enough to still have the ability to use dyes...

What I need help with it getting the reagent part of it for either a cover all dye material, or each specificly if the first isnt possible.

(read as "I need someone to help me figure out how to make only dye as a reagent in a reaction that disallows non-dye objects as the applyed part.")
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
Re: Mod help request
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 04:56:29 am »

Nobody? Nobody at all knows how to spawn dyes? or how to reagent them? WTF! Please somebody, the next step past you guys is asking toady and he's a busy man.

Please somebody, anybody?
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 03:38:34 pm »

I don't think anyone has done this specifically.  I certainly haven't

But you should be able to figure it out based on the wiki.

For example, the item token page on the wiki says dyes are POWDER_MISC.

The rest should be based on the IMPROVEMENT reactions people have been posting.  Check out the one about decorating items with blood that silverskull was working on.
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 04:39:15 am »

Yeah the problem with mine is that I've got it to put dyes on stuff, but depending on how I set the thing it either will be able to add anything in your grasp onto another item, or atom smashes the first item and leaves the secound as is...or destroys both or does nothing...I just cant get the damn thing right, I've done so many I'm sick of doing it.

The best I got is one that I got can put anything on anything, and stick an advisment not to put anything but dyes on cloth, but that really not correct.

Main problem being I cant get a definitive "this is dye" material token type that does what I mean it to...(that is not put anything in hand as such, but dyes)

You see I cant understand the damn tags right.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 05:20:54 am »

Put PLANT_POWDER_TEMPLATE (what all the vanilla dyes are made out of) into a reaction class, such as REACTION_CLASS:DYE, then get the reaction to look for reagents of that class (might also be possible with use of the existing POWDER_MISC_PLANT tag, but I don't have any experience with that so I really can't say). That's the dye part done.

You should be able to approach the other half of the issue in the same way - add a different reaction class to all of the dyable materials (leather, thread, silk etc.) but not to metal or stone.

It's messy and a more than a bit amateurish, but it should work.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 06:08:22 am »

I've been using POWDER_MISC_PLANT, it does weird thing, I tried PLANT_POWDER_TEMPLATE reaction class and get either nothing or very big problems that can crash the worldgen.

I've got no problem with the other half; I can get it to apply stuff to only cloth or leather or whatever properly and it displays right (if it displays at all), its the stuff I'm applying that is wrong.

I've accepted that I can no longer mod DF the way I'd like to, after I get this done I'm hanging it up.

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 05:34:07 pm »

Your best bet would be to go through and add [REACTION_CLASS:DYE] to any material with a POWDER_DYE tag (adding it to PLANT_POWDER_TEMPLATE would give you a bunch of items "dyed" with sugar/flour).

Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:dye:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[REACTION_CLASS:DYE]
[REAGENT:dye bag:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[BAG]
[CONTAINS:dye]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:obj:1:<wossname>:<thingy>:NONE:NONE]
[EMPTY]
<your material-limiting stuff>
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[IMPROVEMENT:100:obj:GLAZED:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:dye:BASIC_MAT]
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx