Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Recording programs?  (Read 811 times)

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
Recording programs?
« on: March 04, 2011, 03:02:38 pm »

I'm gonna post this here since it seems to have more to do with games, and would probably get answered faster in a sub-forum about games...

I need to be able to record gameplay on my PC in relatively good quality. I currently use FRAPS (unlicensed) but it tends to eat FPS and the videos tend to be of horrible quality (Less than 5 FPS, and the audio rarely syncs to the gameplay). Are there any good free recording programs? Or at least some that are good and cost less than $40?
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Recording programs?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 03:12:36 pm »

I've heard of this thing called Playclaw that lets you record at 30 FPS while your game runs at 60 FPS (FRAPS limits your game FPS to the FPS it records at)

It also costs a bit less than FRAPS, but I personally don't know if it's good or not.

electronics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Address of the server
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 03:36:41 pm »

Camstudio I've had good results with, any many other people too. The only problem I do have is something to do with going over a certain filesize it suddenly corrupts the file or something.
1=0

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 03:57:16 pm »

Alright, tried play claw, was excellent. Doesn't need a registration to record more than 30 seconds, lets you set how many cores the record function uses... The only problem is the watermark. Which floats obnoxiously around the screen.
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 04:06:50 pm »

I believe the watermark is only because you're using the trial version. The trial version of FRAPS has a watermark too.

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 04:12:54 pm »

FRAPS's doesn't float around the screen at least, but the good FPS is a good trade-off. I just might buy the license.
— Commander Fleyitch

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 04:43:21 pm »

There's also wegame which is free (there's a premium version that adds some features), though I'm not too thrilled with the quality of recordings, as everything seems to come out sans brightness.