Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Artifacts: ideas for effects  (Read 801 times)

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
Artifacts: ideas for effects
« on: February 23, 2011, 05:23:00 pm »

I discovered that there are interesting plans to add various effect for artifacts.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rainseeker and Toady provided examples:
Rainseeker:   Exactly. I have invented the bag of infinite skunks!
Rainseeker:   I have invented the wand of infinite vermin.
Toady: I imagine that you couldn't just flip your artifact off to a caravan or your whole society would be very angry with you. Unless it was an artifact that your dwarves had learned just enough that it's sucking you away to the fire dimension, and then I'm sure you'd be very happy to trade the elves the metal whistle that they like to blow, that causes a nice little forest fire.

And I think that it will be interesting for us to gather our ideas for artifacts effects. Maybe it will be also used in DF development.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Artifacts: ideas for effects
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 05:24:02 pm »

(reserved)
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 05:25:02 pm »

So my ideas:
- for furniture: Something like Amon Hen and Amon Lhaw from LOTR (in short: stone chairs, equivalents of spy satellites in Middle-earth)
- for "ideal jewels": Palantir like thing - spy satellite + skype + mind control possibility
- for everything: glowing/other effect as warning before siege/flood/plague
- additional possible effects of using - change in atributes, happiness (rather for bad), increasing "madness counter"

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 05:55:22 pm »

Well I have a HUGE list of artifact effects here

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=44861.msg869037;topicseen#msg869037

Many people have contributed but it has grown too large for even I, myself, to update the front page list.

JohnieRWilkins

• Bay Watcher
  • @_@?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 08:41:32 pm »

Well I have a HUGE list of artifact effects here

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=44861.msg869037;topicseen#msg869037

Many people have contributed but it has grown too large for even I, myself, to update the front page list.
=\
- But honestly, if you think
If we could miniaturize things, we would have everybody wielding drawbridges and utterly atomizing

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 10:34:44 pm »

Don't look at me like that. I had to ask Toady himself for help because the lists got SO large the forum actually couldn't handle it.