Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: GoG: Total Annihilation  (Read 2091 times)

Skeeblix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
GoG: Total Annihilation
« on: February 20, 2011, 08:22:48 pm »

What a steal at 5.99 to download the complete Commander Pack, which includes both of the expansion packs for this awesome gem of a game that occupied my early teen years with memories of epic robot warfare.

Anyone else playing? I hear gameranger is a good frontend for multiplay with GoG's version of the game. I'd be down to get into a match with some B12ers.
This is not a signature.

Mkombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GoG: Total Annihilation
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 08:43:29 pm »

I finally purchased this game myself, it was totally worth the 5.99. Just having it in my collection was worth the 5.99 alone. I still play it from time to time.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 08:50:37 pm »

I've got the original, but no expansions.

By the way, did they ever finish the Star Wars: Total Annihilation mod?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 11:30:59 pm »

A while back we were playing a lot of TA: Spring.

I don't have the expansions, but I do have the original from ages ago. Definitely worth it. Very, very fun to boot. And quite awesome music. And true line-of-sight, and so on...

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 10:59:36 am »

Total Annihilation?!

I love that game! I still have it here, in fact. Don't know if it works with my current computer, but I cherished those days blowing up robots, capturing the other team's units in a cage and making an army of the most diverse killing machines possible.

My favorite thing to do is grab the enemy commander with a transport ship, then fly him around the enemy base. The enemies would shoot at my ship, not knowing that if the transport was destroyed, their commander would explode too. And violently.

And if killing the commander isn't enough, just nuke 'em.

Yeah... those were the good days. I'm really sad that no one ever made another Total Annihilation game. It was great, but was never modernized with slick new graphics and such.

I really do miss it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 11:29:55 am »

Yeah... those were the good days. I'm really sad that no one ever made another Total Annihilation game. It was great, but was never modernized with slick new graphics and such.

Spring, good sir, Spring. There's also a TA3D project running around somewhere or another.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 02:33:25 pm »

Exactly. Why would you buy it when it's free?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 02:45:40 pm »

Spring is fantastic.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 02:46:59 pm »

I haven't played spring in quite a while (eg. a few years), and i don't think i have it on my computer right now, but i would definatley re-install it if a bay 12 match is planned.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 02:54:55 pm »

I could get a match going. But honestly anything I try to organize fails horribly, so perhaps someone else.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 04:37:58 pm »

Spring, good sir, Spring. There's also a TA3D project running around somewhere or another.
Too bad the most popular mod of the moment is just a direct copy with some balance changes applied to it. Though Zero-K, which is also an interesting mod, has been gaining some recognition lately.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 09:44:28 am »

Hey, I'm sure a lot of us would be up for a game if you got someone to post a message on the Steam group. And then, much downloading later, there would be kbots exploding and vulcan cannon spam and goliaths and nuke-spam.

Fun times!