Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tunnels?  (Read 658 times)

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
Tunnels?
« on: February 20, 2011, 04:42:22 pm »

I checked my civilization info and discovered two dwarven cities were supposedly connected by tunnels. I know that these once existed, so I went to check it out. Were tunnels removed with the rest of the items from dwarves too?

If not, how far from the "site" would the entrance be?
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Melagius

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord and Master here
    • View Profile
Re: Tunnels?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 11:31:15 am »

They would exist if there were mountain homes or goblin towers still in game. I assume with the return of goblin and dwarven dwellings tunnels will return as well.

Assassinfox

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
    • Raging at the Box
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 05:45:44 pm »

The entrance to tunnels were usually at the bottom of world gen dwarf cities, so I'm guessing they got taken out along with the cities.

They were awful, anyway.  Hours of walking with only the occasional underground stream or batman attack to break the monotony.  I tried walking through one once with my adventurer and ended up starving to death after a couple of real-time hours.

Melagius

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord and Master here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 06:04:32 pm »

I suppose they wouldn't be so boring if they were just roads that went through the cavern layer.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 09:10:25 pm »

Yep. There is the "crossed a cavern" aspect of tunnels that will make them interesting, as is the aspect of them being indoors.

I'll let the rest of you figure out how useful that is.

But I couldn't find an entrance. It probably exists, I'll have to start a fort on it's site and find out.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!