Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure mode start  (Read 489 times)

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
Adventure mode start
« on: June 01, 2011, 08:57:32 pm »

i suggested earlier that, like lcs, you should be able to have a simple back story for your adventurer, This could either be randomized, giving possible stat increases, or descriptive information, for example - it is said mchero wrecksshop killed a lion in his youth with nothing but a wooden spear. This would appear in legends and give your character a scar, upon start, along with novice spear skill.

Another thing that would be cool to add to adventure mode start would be, instead of having the difficulties based on heroicness, base it on class, (peasant, merchant, noble) Then, like fortress mode allow the player to buy equipment and armor for his character based on his class. This means that nobles who start out as legendary swordsmen with full iron armor would be really easy to play as, but real DF players could try as peasants wielding copper spears and wearing ratty loincloths.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

tHe_silent_H

• Bay Watcher
  • Did you win?
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure mode start
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 09:51:12 pm »

Planned, toady intends for you to take over a peasant when you start adventuring, but that's still a fair way off for now
Did you know that if you write 3.14 on a piece of paper and hold it in a mirror, it will say pie? And if you divide 42 by 3.14... you get 13.37!

It is incredibly satisfying to kill a man with a butterfly.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure mode start
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 03:55:05 am »

toady has planned to let you take over roles from world gen.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG