Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: The Bay12 72-Hour Roguelike Contest - February Theme: "The Director"  (Read 15975 times)

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 72-Hour Roguelike Contest - February Theme: "The Director"
« Reply #135 on: February 27, 2011, 08:52:38 am »

Seems I got cut short as well. The current game is literally in an unplayable state and I'm not going to be able to finish it this today...

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 27, 2011, 04:58:01 pm »

The March contest thread will soon be up! I'm thinking of themes now, but if anyone has any ideas to throw out, they'd be welcome. :)
Use the name generator to make something?

And yeah, 7 days is a lot more doable...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 27, 2011, 05:14:32 pm »

Hmmm, psychedelic magic bastards.

WTF I want to see this game.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 27, 2011, 05:41:22 pm »

THE GRAND ENTRANTS

All two of them. I think that's all who posted the final product? I have the sneaking suspicion that I'm forgetting one, so please tell me if I am. It's been a long month. :P

Best Name Award

This goes to White Kitteh for his game Large Burly Croatian Men: Dance in Synchronicity. In it, you play the role of the waterboy for a team of dungeon-delvers, desperately attempting to keep them properly equipped so that they don't all die. And the HUD is damn cool. Give it a try!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Most Disturbing Player Action Award

This goes to Siquo, with his game Pachter. In this game, you play a farmer creating a homestead-town-village thing. It failed the time limit restriction, but it's pretty impressive given the dev time nonetheless!

As for that disturbing content: "FORNICATE (Y/N)?" is probably the only way to make it creepier better. The rest of the game is not nearly so strange, however! Click that link in the spoiler, brah, and mad props to Siquo!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There we go! Load those two up, have some fun, and then join us over in the March thread, which is a Festival because this isn't really a contest. See you there!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]