Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tigerman Soldiers?  (Read 792 times)

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
Tigerman Soldiers?
« on: February 20, 2011, 02:38:54 pm »

How much have other people been able to weaponize Tigermen?  I now have a small breeding population and I'm starting to wonder.

I figure that I can train them by pitting them against naked goblins, but is there anything else we can do to improve their effectiveness?  I doubt it's possible to arm or armor them, but I have to wonder.
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: Tigerman Soldiers?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 06:25:12 pm »

Colosseum battles are unfortunately currently the only way to improve non-dwarves. If you unleash a horde of these guys en-masse though, their sheer size might help make up for their lack of armor or weapons against a less numerous goblin squad.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Bererez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 06:30:37 pm »

I modified tigermen and gcs to domestic and they do a good job together. The gcs web/poison the enemy and then tigermen tear the helpless enemy to pieces. The spiders tend to take heavy casualties, however, with the tigermen taking relatively few.
"ur ist... nein, ich will sagen 'es,' ur es"
Something you might type in a German language class if you were stupid and playing some kind of text tag, I guess.

urist

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 06:59:17 pm »

I modified tigermen and gcs to domestic and they do a good job together. The gcs web/poison the enemy and then tigermen tear the helpless enemy to pieces. The spiders tend to take heavy casualties, however, with the tigermen taking relatively few.

Hmm, that's an interesting idea, if I can ever get a damn GCS to wander onto the map....

But I'd modify them to form a GCS-pillbox, using a variant of the silk farm on the wiki so that the GCS remained protected while webbing the intruders.
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.