Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vanishing Bandits?  (Read 532 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Vanishing Bandits?
« on: February 21, 2011, 10:31:10 am »

1.) I slew a hill titan in adventure mode.
2.) I butchered said hill titan, and foolishly carried everything, including all the loot.
3.) I decided to destroy a bandit camp without selling my loot first.
4.) I died.
5.) Not wanting to lose the awesome hill titan skull, I made a new adventurer and went to the camp, intending to revenge my last adventurer.
6.) Everything except the rotten corpses of my last adventurer's companions and the dwarves (bandits) that I had killed last adventure was missing. Even the surviving bandits.
7.) :(

Huh? What happened?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

em312s0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vanishing Bandits?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 12:42:56 am »

this sorta happened to me too when i was raiding a bandit camp

i was picking them off one by one asassin style mostly from behind the trees, until i reduced them down to just their leader but when i was creeping close to him one moment he was there and then he was gone!

i thought maybe he had sort of seen me and actually hid to execute a surprise buttsex attack but i searched around and no one was near the camp...

i think its a bug....or that they just go off raiding hamlets and shit just when you are about to attack their camp...

Deadly Lamarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 01:03:04 am »

This might not be the case, but bandits sometimes run after wildlife. If it was a camel or other hoofed creature, he's probably dead, Jim.

One thing you can try is walking around in the area around the camp on the travel map and hope to be ambushed by surviving bandits. No guarantees.
Sometimes you succeed in your goals and sometimes you and everyone around you is murdered by a gigantic spider.

C'est la vie

I'm walking crawling across the continent looking for a crutch. Story shortened, horse ate my foot.

Elvisdogs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 08:27:25 pm »

Well...

There's always more hill titans but as far as the missing loot and the bandits:

Either try legends or go do something else and come back at a later date maybe.
It was for a film project. I regret nothing.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 09:11:58 pm »

Well...

There's always more hill titans but as far as the missing loot and the bandits:

Either try legends or go do something else and come back at a later date maybe.
Coming back later seemed to work, with living bandits and loads of loot...none from my late adventurer :(

And no, that was he only hill titan in the world. Thanks to the determined efforts of adventurers, there are only a couple tundra titans left. Maybe just the glacier one.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.