Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: the undisclosed job hazards of outpost liaison  (Read 948 times)

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
the undisclosed job hazards of outpost liaison
« on: February 19, 2011, 02:29:58 am »

Apparently good reflexes are not a job requirement for the position of outpost liaison.

As usual my expedition leader was a little busy doing real work when the outpost liaison showed up. Being quite determined as always to talk to the leader, the liaison followed my leader around no matter what, looking for an opportunity to get a word in.

Unfortunately for the liaison the next job that the leader was working on was digging out the last tile of a magma tunnel for powering some magma-powered workshops. Now most dwarves, like the leader, would run away and escape before sustaining any injury, but apparently the liaison isn't too swift on his feet and he just stood there dead still while the lava flowed over him. I laughed my ass off.

This is what he gets for bringing me a whole massive set of *4* steel bars when I requested steel bars at maximum priority the year before. With service like that I think I can do without his disruption of the work day.

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
Re: the undisclosed job hazards of outpost liaison
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 05:07:10 am »

Maybe the outpost liaisons who bring not enough steel will become the next pansy elves until the trade arc is finished.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

spook54321

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 08:40:30 pm »

I've found that max priority is four items unless the traders randomly select more...or you request max on every metal and booze and the poor wagon-less caravan can't fit it all on their pack mules.
It's the same reason why sharks don't attack lawyers, professional courtesy.

This (small) sig of mine

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 01:15:56 am »

its been a while, but can't you mass with the raws and increase the amount of goods an animal can bring? I once had the elves bring 2 camels and it contained ~100 pages of items thanks to an extra zero i placed :S
Back to Mafia with me!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 01:21:30 am »

I modded in a "land whale" called "Giant Oxen" that could carry the weight of a baby wale.  There was no physical way for me to overload one of those pack animals.  This made no influence on what the dorfs brought me every year, even if they brought three of the beasts.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 01:22:35 am »

its been a while, but can't you mass with the raws and increase the amount of goods an animal can bring? I once had the elves bring 2 camels and it contained ~100 pages of items thanks to an extra zero i placed :S

At least you showed restraint, and only added in one zero.  Don't add in more - OR ELSE.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 01:41:18 am »

I modded in a "land whale" called "Giant Oxen" that could carry the weight of a baby wale.  There was no physical way for me to overload one of those pack animals.  This made no influence on what the dorfs brought me every year, even if they brought three of the beasts.

Increase the animals that are already in use, not make new ones.

At least you showed restraint, and only added in one zero.  Don't add in more - OR ELSE.

I did this stuff back in the day with wagons. (funny how D40 is already "Ancient")
Back to Mafia with me!