Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Declaring peace/ending wars  (Read 4849 times)

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
Re: Declaring peace/ending wars
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 01:49:15 am »

What the heck kinda Dwarf would wanna end  wars? An Elven one, obviously. KILL IT WITH MAGMA!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 01:51:03 am by 612DwarfAvenue »
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

anon_outlaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2011, 04:17:18 am »

admittedly endlessly slaughtering elves is dwarven heaven but i would like to see the ability to bring their nation to their knees and make them pay tribute. in the form of logs, 1000 logs a year which i would burn into charcoal... infront of them. i would also use elven babies as fuel for the furnaces. hmmmm... i wonder if elf bones could be modded to act as a flux?
Has anyone attempted to use a loyalty cascade to play a hermit fortress?

Demonsul

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2011, 10:57:20 am »

admittedly endlessly slaughtering elves is dwarven heaven but i would like to see the ability to bring their nation to their knees and make them pay tribute. in the form of logs, 1000 logs a year which i would burn into charcoal... infront of them. i would also use elven babies as fuel for the furnaces. hmmmm... i wonder if elf bones could be modded to act as a flux?
Adaptive ethics. Dominate a species, and all unthinkables regarding torturing them for fun go away.

On the subject of truces, however, you need to stay at peace with at least one civ; do you have the patience to make cloth, when it could be arriving by the thousands for a few mere metal trinkets? Neither do I.
Absconditus

JJtoocool

• Bay Watcher
  • Unfortunate Accident: ∞
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 08:37:19 pm »

Well... theres always the humans?   ???
Quote from: Goblin 3 to Goblin 1
I heard that I died.
Quote from: Goblin 1 to Goblin 3
It was inevitable.
Quote from: Goblin 3 to Goblin 1
Goodbye.
Quote from: Goblin 1 to Goblin 3
Goodbye.

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2011, 12:29:55 am »

What the heck kinda Dwarf would wanna end  wars? An Elven one, obviously. KILL IT WITH MAGMA!
It might be because I'm really tired, but I have to say, I laughed hard

On topic, I like the idea of having a noble that can deliver offerings to other nations, you could send crafts to appease them, piss them off (in the case of elves) by sending a bunch of logs, or scare the hell out of them by sending them the dismembered bodies of their merchants. Maybe if he has a high enough sneak skill he could even slip a head in their bed while they're sleeping. :D
I heard your like sieges so I put a Goblin fortress in your fortress so you could siege while besieged.

Lord Zack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2011, 10:13:16 am »

Or this.

harborpirate

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels eat: job item lost or destroyed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2011, 12:58:43 pm »

I think it would be great to have a full suite of diplomatic options. Players could pay tribute to goblins or make gobbos pay tribute to them. There's always titans, FBs and the HFS for challenges that can't be turned off.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2011, 01:02:47 pm »

There's always titans, FBs and the HFS for challenges that can't be turned off.

You can set them to either not spawn or have requirements for attacking your fortress like having 500 dwarves, which you will never have.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

irmo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2011, 01:54:03 pm »

There's always titans, FBs and the HFS for challenges that can't be turned off.

You can set them to either not spawn or have requirements for attacking your fortress like having 500 dwarves, which you will never have.

That's why spawning of things like that should be hardcoded in, or stored in the encrypted "hidden_fun.raw". Too many cheaters around here.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2011, 02:33:45 pm »

That's why spawning of things like that should be hardcoded in, or stored in the encrypted "hidden_fun.raw". Too many cheaters around here.

You know, there are such things as people who try to make mods that change the flavor of the game, and hardcoded night creatures aren't going to fit that flavor.

People who don't play the game the same way you do aren't wrong for enjoying the same game in a different way.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2011, 02:35:31 pm »

Oh god, another 'Mods are not vanilla, therefor cheats' guy.
*Facepalm, soo hard*

anon_outlaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2011, 01:35:37 pm »

i agree, mods are awesome and hardcoding can really ruin some mods.

i was playing defence mod and in the middle of a frogman and strangler joint siege a goblin ambush randomly showed up and massacred both forces which would otherwise have had me pinned down indefinitely. then I just murdered the few remaining goblins and went on business-as-usual.
Has anyone attempted to use a loyalty cascade to play a hermit fortress?
Pages: 1 [2]