Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Contaminants on grates  (Read 523 times)

Mnementh2230

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Contaminants on grates
« on: February 18, 2011, 09:18:59 am »

I like to put waterfalls in my dining rooms, which serve two purposes:  First, it keeps the dorfs happy, and secondly, it keeps them clean - or it *should*...

Here's the issue:  around the waterfalls I have grates to the drain, which serve to keep the splashing water from flooding my dining room.  The contaminants (blood, mud, etc) stay on the grates instead of washing through them.  I'd love to see them wash down and away.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Contaminants on grates
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 09:49:47 am »

This happens because contaminates are treated as solid objects, and objects don't fall through grates.  What the game needs is code that will let certain materials, (liquids and powders) to be treated as semi-fluids that can pass through grates and other non-watertight objects.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Bobinater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 12:35:02 pm »

I once had my temple to Armok right beneath my battlefield, i had hopped it would rain blood through the grates but I was disappointed.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 03:27:08 pm »

Strange. I made a mist generator with grates on the same level as pumps and made them into 1 tile social zones. I haven't seen contaminants on my grates.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral