Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Oh underground moss, how I loathe thee!  (Read 1668 times)

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oh underground moss, how I loathe thee!
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2011, 05:07:54 pm »

That is awesome!

Can you weaponize it? Perhaps capture a few fire imps and entice them to fling a fireball onto the moss, causing a raging inferno to sanitize the caverns or surface of the map when needed?

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2011, 06:17:19 pm »

Note too self:

Corridor of grass and a small amount of magma is a great trap.

Old school is a make a wood stockpile. works wonders.

Booze is even more !!FUN!! ... with literal !!s, as is often the case for Dwarven !!FUN!!
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2011, 06:43:03 pm »

Fire, Artifacts, and YOU!

1) Things like wood and lignite or coal will catch fire.  It becomes an !!Item!! and then an !!XXItemXX!! and then disappears.  During this time it generates smoke and will catch anything nearby on fire.

2) Artifacts do not suffer damage, ever.  This means that a wooden or lignite/coal artifact, once set alight, will remain alight until doused with water.  This can make permanent smoke traps, amusing traps to cause kobolds to burn themselves, and other interesting applications.

3) Anything on fire inside a bin will remain on fire until it burns away.  Because it is in a bin, water will not touch it, and thus will not douse it.  A lead bin (fireproof) holding wood blocks (flammable) will burn until the wood blocks are gone (or some fool-hearty dwarf decides to build a !!Wall!! and on the way gets into some water, which will douse it because it's then not protected by the bin).  This means that you can make steam traps by dumping a burning bin into water, but the objects within the bin will deteriorate.

4) A burning artifact inside a bin will never be extinguished.  It is an artifact and will burn forever, and it is in a bin so it will not be affected by water.  If the artifact is ever somehow removed from the bin (perhaps a fireproof dwarf, or temperature:off?) then the artifact may be doused and will cease burning.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2011, 06:44:49 pm »

Forgotten Beast Fire+Underground Moss = Giant Raging Fire killing off an entire squad of dwarves.

The battle took like a second - single spear thrust to the brain.

The aftermath? It's still ongoing.
SO AWESOME!!!!!! I envy you so.
You should have trapped the beast between some walls, or something of that nature, and used it with the grass as a weapon.
Pages: 1 [2]