Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pokemon Black and White  (Read 972 times)

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pokemon Black and White
« on: February 17, 2011, 05:57:52 pm »

Didn't see a thread up and only recently realized that the newest pokemon game is coming out in less than a month (for America at least). Thoughts? Comments?

Personally not sure which version I'm going to go with yet. Starter wise I think I'm gonna do as I always do and get the water type as none of them seem to stand out for me.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Black and White
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 06:00:26 pm »

I'm not going to play another pokemon game, I'm not going to play another pokemon game, I'm not going to play another pokemon game, I'm not.... ah hell, ONE more game wouldn't do too much harm, right?

Bunch of kids in my Tech class are excited, but I'm a bit more iffy on the issue
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 06:15:34 pm »

It's just going to be the same game and plot again, with minor differences and additions. It won't be worth full retail price by any means, IMO.
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 06:17:43 pm »

It's just going to be the same game and plot again, with minor differences and additions. It won't be worth full retail price by any means, IMO.

What!?! are you saying that Black and White is just a limited rehash of everything we already seen many times before except with even WORSE looking pokemon?

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 06:28:28 pm »

Didn't pokemon stop at sapphire?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 06:31:07 pm »

I hope the international version will not replace the gamecorner's fortune wheels with some crappy minigame.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 06:37:25 pm by Ultimuh »

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 06:38:45 pm »

I'll end up resisting until I see it price-reduced, at which point I'll buy it and waste 30+ hours of my life.

It has gotten stunning reviews though (although, I guess, Pokemon games usually do). I do appreciate the "Pokemon - IN AMERICA" gimmick, and from what I've read, the plot is actually interesting this time, so if the localization is good...eh, we'll see. Some of those new Pokes sure are ugly though.

Also, they remixed the annoying Low Health Beep.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 06:43:55 pm by kinseti »

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 08:41:55 pm »

I got hit with the nostalgia stick a while back while reading TVTropes, and found an emulator and ROMs of the older games. I then proceeded to get a DS emulator and a ROM of Black (with an English fan-translation included, apparently), I believe it was. I didn't play it for more than a few hours, though. It was kind of funny that it both looked and ran better on the emulator than the previous generation. The plot's every bit as nonsensical as it's always been, though.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 08:43:37 pm »

The plot's every bit as nonsensical as it's always been, though.

Well it is originated in Japan, so what did you expect?  :P

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 09:51:31 pm »

Well the reasons I'm getting the new Pokemon is because 1) skipped the last one 2) haven't gotten a new game in awhile 3) lack of PS3 and 360 means I'm restricted to psp, DS, or Wii (never have been impressed with the Wiis games cept for Zelda) 4) I know some of my friends are getting it 5) I know Pokemon is always a good time waster.