Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Peasant King? Adam. King?  (Read 1277 times)

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Peasant King? Adam. King?
« on: February 16, 2011, 08:17:58 pm »

What do these terms mean?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Peasant King? Adam. King?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 08:19:49 pm »

In 40d, when you found adamantine, the king would arrive with the next migrant wave, dressed as a peasant and devoid of his entourage. IIRC, he would also have no personality, meaning no likes/dislikes, meaning no mandates (even though the king never mandated anything anyway).
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Psychobones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 11:31:54 pm »

In 40d, when you found adamantine, the king would arrive with the next migrant wave, dressed as a peasant and devoid of his entourage. IIRC, he would also have no personality, meaning no likes/dislikes, meaning no mandates (even though the king never mandated anything anyway).

This is still true today in 2010. My king arived, liking nothing, never mandates, and is dressed as a peasant. His entourage came, but they also reverted to peasants as soon as they arrived on screen.

shmelse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 12:14:19 am »

This is still true today in 2010. My king arived, liking nothing, never mandates, and is dressed as a peasant. His entourage came, but they also reverted to peasants as soon as they arrived on screen.

i had similar results (peasant king, no likes, no mandates) but his entourage appeared to work correctly (random assortment of skills with at least one legendary military skill). was rather disappointing since i had to give up my ability to make trade requests in order to get this useless king.
"Aye, th' fortress o' Barbedgear. They say th'r was a dinin' room dere...o' such splendor tha' it'd reduce ye te tears! Masterful engravings lined th' walls! Th' food was endless!"

"An' th' tables?"

"Oh, those fuckin' TABLES...*weeps gently into beard*"

Psychobones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 12:41:55 am »

i had similar results (peasant king, no likes, no mandates) but his entourage appeared to work correctly (random assortment of skills with at least one legendary military skill). was rather disappointing since i had to give up my ability to make trade requests in order to get this useless king.

Oh they've all got legendary military skills, but nothing else. They did, however, make great additions to my military. I didn't mind giving up trade requests, my fort is very self sufficient. I never really need anything. Besides it was inevitable for me, this is a long term(50+ year) fort.