Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My best yet, Need opinions :(  (Read 1438 times)

Jing0000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My best yet, Need opinions :(
« on: February 17, 2011, 12:14:52 am »

Been playing this game for awhile now, love the Genesis mod, I had my favorite adventurer yet a Centaur named Ravenghost.   But i am very sad now..Me and my crew of lovely nice young soldiers went out to kill a minotaur.

It all went great, we got into his Lair and everything...But then this happend.

of course he gives us the normal greeting.

Verbarm Andentexend Aletter Yrof. Minotaur: I am Verbarm Hagwhipped the Icthes of Justice!

:Lord of Som Immortalitywires. A mere child brought low for my slaves!
:Crusher of Rem Bowthrowers whos name i struggle to recall. he even had a king under that list, he had so many things to say that I did take a screenshot but i don't know how to correctly upload them so i left that out.

anyways..It was an epic fight, me and my two companions Started slashing away.. The loyal Keeper that Was my best friend from the start was the first to fall, Gorged by the minotaur's horns, he gave me a heart wrenching look and a final salute before he died, Then the beast turned on me...And my poor....poor centaur went with his loyal friend.....

Which leads me to why Im posting, as this was the best adventure I have ever taken, there must be revenge...This minotaur is The strongest I have come across..and I need good tips for an extra humiliating and painfull death for him...All suggestions welcome, Help me kill this Disgusting creature, who Killed my best!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 12:18:36 am by Jing0000 »

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My best yet, Need opinions :(
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 12:26:32 am »

Train an ambusher/thrower up to legendary. Then sneak up to him in his cave and pelt him with rocks until he's broken and battered. Snap off his horns, break his arms and legs, gouge his eyes, cut off his phallus, and then jam your spear through his chest and watch him bleed out. That's the best idea I could come up with, sorry.

Deadly Lamarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 12:55:41 pm »

Train an ambusher/thrower up to legendary. Then sneak up to him in his cave and pelt him with rocks until he's broken and battered. Snap off his horns, break his arms and legs, gouge his eyes, cut off his phallus, and then jam your spear through his chest and watch him bleed out. That's the best idea I could come up with, sorry.

This, but instead of jamming your spear through his chest, cut off one of his feet and wait for him to stop bleeding. If he doesn't bleed out, move onto the next foot and wait. Then take his hands one by one in this fashion.

If he's stable after this, you'll have left him to a fate worse than death. You might try taking his entire arms and legs and leaving him a living torso.
Sometimes you succeed in your goals and sometimes you and everyone around you is murdered by a gigantic spider.

C'est la vie

I'm walking crawling across the continent looking for a crutch. Story shortened, horse ate my foot.

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 09:14:41 pm »

HA! Make a demigod Centaur that has two morningstars. TWO! Then slowly gain your reputation and recruit peasants. Send em into it and when hes killed them all, break his legs. Then break his other limbs. Set fire to his cave and as hes burning, sit down on top of him as he slowly dies in agony.

Ale and Axes

• Bay Watcher
  • Chug - Swipe - Cheer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 10:41:18 pm »

Craft him a nice warm shirt out of fluffy llama wool...

...but make sure it's really itchy on the inside!!!

Deadly Lamarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 10:57:26 pm »

You MONSTER!
Sometimes you succeed in your goals and sometimes you and everyone around you is murdered by a gigantic spider.

C'est la vie

I'm walking crawling across the continent looking for a crutch. Story shortened, horse ate my foot.

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 10:58:47 pm »

Dastardly!

HA! Make a demigod Centaur that has two morningstars. TWO! Then slowly gain your reputation and recruit peasants. Send em into it and when hes killed them all, break his legs. Then break his other limbs. Set fire to his cave and as hes burning, sit down on top of him as he slowly dies in agony.

Two morningstars wouldn't do much. For blades it could be useful, but morningstars are blunt weapons.

Shinziril

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 01:40:20 am »

No, morningstars are bladed weapons with very short, stabby blades.  They're quite effective, particulary since the spikes are small enough to penetrate armor, although if you go after something large they might not penetrate far enough to do much damage. 
Quote from: lolghurt
Quote from: Urist McTaverish
why is Dwarven science always on fire?
Because normal science is boring

Jing0000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 02:34:37 am »

Loveing the replies so far, thanks..  I like the idea of leaving it as a torso, forced to be laughed at by all adventure's to come...But burning it alive sounds interesting as well.

noob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 03:01:16 am »

rip its nuts off and beat it to death with them
LOSING IS FUN!

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 04:17:21 pm »

No, morningstars are bladed weapons with very short, stabby blades.  They're quite effective, particulary since the spikes are small enough to penetrate armor, although if you go after something large they might not penetrate far enough to do much damage.

I meant when you're facign multiple opponents and a blade becomes stuck in one. I don't think it would do very much, but now I like how these morningstars are sounding...