Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Game Breaking Bug  (Read 941 times)

Betakta

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Game Breaking Bug
« on: February 21, 2011, 04:52:21 pm »

I'm playing the 4.02.0 release of LCS and I came across a bug that means I cannot continue playing. I received a new safehouse after going after the CCS and for whatever reason the police decided to lay siege to it while no-one was there. Now I am unable to wait until the siege is resolved, but since there is nobody there, and I can't deploy anybody to the location as that requires waiting, I am stuck unable to do anything.

Is there any possibility that I could continue at all or is my save broken beyond repair?

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Game Breaking Bug
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 06:19:05 pm »

The bug is fixed in the most recent version. Saves are probably not compatible.
!!&!!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 04:03:53 am »

This actually sounds like one of the long-standing bugs that hasn't been fixed. There is a work-around; you can hit Z to toggle through locations until you select the safehouse under siege, then surrender.

Betakta

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 11:34:50 am »

Thank you so much for the help guys. Jonathan, your solution worked perfectly. I had to lose some $119995 of my funds, but I think the price was worth it to continue playing :D

Thanks again for helping me to resolve this!

Badger0

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 12:37:40 pm »

While not the same as the OP's problem, it is related to sieges and being stuck in them. My founder's safehouse came under siege, and when I tries to fight back/flee, I ended up stuck in a 1x1 square room. The safehouse had, if I remember correctly, previously been hit by fireman and the tiny room (which was completely off the main map) had what looked like fire damage.

Anyway, I was stuck, unable to move or do anything. Going back and trying again and giving up just resulted in everyone getting killed, so I needed to start a new game. Big bummer, it was going so good. :(