Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven Justice  (Read 1493 times)

Bikgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarven Justice
« on: February 14, 2011, 09:19:56 pm »

I have a penchant for getting tons of mandates from my mayor and duchess, and then ignoring them out of sheer laziness and indifference. This has led to the following situation, which I personally found a little hilarious.

Apparently, my duchess became a criminal when she didn't make some goods for the mayor, and the mayor became a criminal when he didn't make what the duchess wanted. What's even better is that their thought "glad to have punishment delayed recently" helps to cancel out "upset by the delayed punishment of a criminal" and "upset by having a mandate ignored recently". They both seem to be pretty happy/ecstatic even though I don't try to complete any of their mandates at all  :o

bobhayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Justice
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 09:36:17 pm »

Apparently, my duchess became a criminal when she didn't make some goods for the mayor, and the mayor became a criminal when he didn't make what the duchess wanted. What's even better is that their thought "glad to have punishment delayed recently" helps to cancel out "upset by the delayed punishment of a criminal" and "upset by having a mandate ignored recently". They both seem to be pretty happy/ecstatic even though I don't try to complete any of their mandates at all  :o

Classic.

You should still execute both of them as an example to the others, however.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 09:51:42 pm »

I always make a large room full of chains for animal breeding and justice.  "Sorry, Ms. Duchess, but you'll be spending time with the mating cattle, cougars, and that one wild cave dragon for a month."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 09:59:26 pm »

I always make a large room full of chains for animal breeding and justice.  "Sorry, Ms. Duchess, but you'll be spending time with the mating cattle, cougars, and that one wild cave dragon for a month."
"Wild" cave dragon? You moron!
You could have tamed it, thus saving the cattle and cougars!

...Or, and the duchess.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 10:04:52 pm »

nah, they're chained far enough apart.  Besides, I like to breed things, and then tame the children.  Then I'm not restricted in my options, got wild or tame for whatever purpose!

lowbart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 11:23:26 am »

I once had a dwarf get elected mayor right at the beginning of his 50 day jail sentence (I think it was for vandalism). So he spent his first two months of his term chained up in the main hallway. Eventually he finished his sentence and continued to be mayor for another year.
"Are you there, gods? It's me, Mistêm."
Quote from: Boatmurdered
Guerilla Burialgears absently tucks the child's rock into his pack and turns to leave for good; his head hung low. His words trail behind him as he disappears over the ridge. It is a haunting whisper, quickly stolen away by the wind: "All burn..."

ghosteh

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Charles Bronson
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 11:54:31 am »

I once had a dwarf get elected mayor right at the beginning of his 50 day jail sentence (I think it was for vandalism). So he spent his first two months of his term chained up in the main hallway. Eventually he finished his sentence and continued to be mayor for another year.

I was more worried that your jail is in the main hallway than I was worried about your dwarves voting in a freshly convicted criminal
I've killed enough humans to know their patterns.

Malibu Stacey

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 12:21:45 pm »

Appoint one of them as the Sheriff/Captain of the Guard & see who wins  ;)
I bursted out laughing so hard at this that my dog woke up, came in the room, and looked at me like I'm an idiot.

Then proceeded to brag about how he has 27 kills on his kill list and is super-doggenly tough. 

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 08:54:52 pm »

Sentence them to a lifetime of hard labor in the gulag.
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

Ipwnurmom221

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 09:10:53 pm »

Give them both cotton candy hammers.

Imagine 2 drunken disgruntled dwarves dueling to the death with hammers that are only slightly heavier than Styrofoam.
"I haven't seen my parents in nearly a year, I can't move a foot in any direction, I spend all my days being attacked by animals, and I've been forced to drink sheep puke- wow that's a nice floor grate!"

Marshall Burns

• Bay Watcher
  • American Wizard
    • View Profile
    • Beyond the Wire Productions store
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 12:47:38 am »

An extremely similar situation is happening in my town between the mayor and chief of police. Bug-features for the win!
By the way, I design table top RPGs and other games. You can buy some.