Advanced search  

Author Topic: Barons  (Read 425 times)

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
Barons
« on: February 13, 2011, 03:34:24 pm »

My first successful fort and my Baron went and killed himself because I didn't build his palace fast enough. Will I get another chance?
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Barons
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 03:35:32 pm »

No, it appears that you never get offered a second baron if yours dies.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

metime00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 03:36:26 pm »

Damn. I guess I can make a huge castle anyway...
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 04:22:15 pm »

that's why i keep the game seasonal saved

metime00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 04:43:40 pm »

Me too, I just don't want to save scum unless someone important dies :P