Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: MTW2 Mod:Call of Warhammer  (Read 7587 times)

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
MTW2 Mod:Call of Warhammer
« on: June 30, 2010, 12:36:35 pm »

I just wanted to share this with those who are into warhammer or MTW2.

Some people have complained that the game bugs out, CTD during battles or AI turns, I have over 100 turns thus far and have no problems.

It is a great mod, easily my favorite thus far for MTW2. Very well done and modeled warhammer fantasy units, nice semi accurate map. Most of the factions are included (Skaven are the largest that are missing I think)

The dwarves are very impressive looking, but ungodly hard to play. I got creamed in a few turns by Orcs, and switched to Karl Fanz.

It does require the Kingdoms expansion, instalation is a bit tricky also so read the instructions carefully. Make sure to follow Holy pilgrim's method:

Also, the mod replaces the stock teutonic folder, so just rename the orginal to "teutonic2"

edit: link to the main thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1377

and the install download and instructions: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=326294

Hope somebody will enjoy this as much as I am. Oh, not all of the in game text has been translated from russian yet, but most of it is. There is tons of text history and lore from the Warhammer universe in the mod
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 12:40:45 pm by jnecros »
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

nichaey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MTW2 Mod:Call of Warhammer
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 12:45:43 pm »

Shame I just uninstalled MTW2 less then 2 hours ago. I might try this in the future though.
Blood For The Blood God!......Skulls For His Skull Throne!

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 01:04:04 pm »

Yet, i prefer the Third Age mod. It runs smoother, no crashes, is fully translated into english (The call of warhammer mod is russian, and the "translation" is often only on the level of the google translator) and no model is ripped from other games.

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 01:13:45 pm »

third age is ok, I played it completely through with Gondor. However, I just like the Warhammer world and the military units better than Tolkien's stuff. I do not think the translations are that bad, but I can read Russian fairly well. As I said, the mod is stable for me, and I have windows vista 64 bit which is reported to be one of the worst systems for mod stability. Seems like it is hit or miss, some people have a real hard time getting it to run without crashing. 
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

King Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 03:39:13 am »

Sorry for the necro but just wanted to say that since this was posted there has been a huge update to the mod and yesterday 1.4.3 came out! This thread is small enouth that I did not want to start a new thread......

It's still a pain to install correctly though if you are not so savy with installing mods but worth the effort if you love all things warhammer.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=416825

PLEASE IGNORE THE INSTALL TIPS IN THE FIRST POST.
The mod now has it's own install folder.

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 06:23:41 am »

Still has stablity issues, but the mod is even more brilliant and brutal than before.

It has not been released for the new version of the Call of Warhammer Mod, but things get even better with the Real Warhammer submod, which gets rid of scripted battles and units (which cause most of the crashes in the mod) found: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=336405
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

King Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 07:35:21 am »

Each to his own but for me the real fun is when it seems 50+ stacks of chaos spawn all over the Empire. It's something to look forward to, otherwise it's to easy. But this is a problem with TW games for me not COW.