Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Random Suggestion: New Game Mode  (Read 642 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Random Suggestion: New Game Mode
« on: February 13, 2011, 10:59:36 am »

Raise your hand if you've wanted to take control of a dragon, hydra, or bronze colossus or other megabeast and rampage around the country without exploiting utilities that are not intended for that purpose?

Me too.

It would only involve minor changes like firebreath and not allowing followers. I just think it would be awesome to do that. And DF is all about awesomeness!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Random Suggestion: New Game Mode
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 11:01:40 am »

You can do that already with some modding.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 11:42:44 am »

I once modded Bronze Colossuses (That is how it is spelled in the RAWS) to be Slade Colossuses. Then I played as them.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 04:31:20 pm »

It's possible with mods, and is actually in the devnotes, along with wizard tower and all that.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 06:05:33 pm »

This is a planned feature. Saw it while I was looking around the Consolidated Development page in the DF wiki,

Quote from: DF wiki
MONSTER 

Playing the dragons and other large beasts seems like another good (and fairly easy) extension. You'd have to be careful, since there aren't very many large beasts in the world and you don't want to just possess them and have them all burn out in a blaze of glory. Or maybe you do... or it could just give you new ones. You could also just occasionally have fun going out on an excursion and retiring, then play an adventurer and take a quest from a town to go and dispatch your old self. 

PowerGoal60
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 06:07:51 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

ZioAnthros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 10:30:26 pm »

That would be FANTASTIC!

But i have a feeling the brothers Adams have some opposition to game modes that don't invlve the player usually being the victim...

I suspect closet sadism...

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 10:44:07 pm »

What closet?  The tagline is "Losing is Fun".
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare