Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Chicken Feat (JUST RELEASED BETA)  (Read 1848 times)

Oasiscircle

• Bay Watcher
  • Turtle+Cabbage
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Feat (JUST RELEASED BETA)
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2011, 02:59:09 am »

Oh, well thanks for correcting me.
Either way, the title is a pun and not me not knowing how to spell feet, if that's what you were prodding at.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2011, 07:04:08 am »

Yeah, im sorry, ive looked at it, but if all you have is a game where you run and pick up some stuff and come back as fast as you can, you dont have much replay value.  Props to you for thrashing a game together, more props for posting your work here, but with what you are showing us at the moment, I just cant see the fun side
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2011, 02:30:05 pm »

This looks like a cute little game that has some potential. Don't get discouraged, I think it's just that there isn't much presented at the moment. With some additional, engaging content and/or tweaks I could see this being pretty fun. Nice job! Keep it up man.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2011, 02:43:25 pm »

The problem isn't that the game is bad, or even that the idea is necessarily bad, it's that there's nothing here.

If there are going to be challenges and puzzles, those should be implemented before you show them off.  This isn't a beta, it's barely alpha.  It's a tech demo.  Tech demos are only interesting when they're showing off something interesting.  Since you're not doing anything amazing with the game, we don't really care about your tech demo.

Implement something that makes the game challenging and worth playing, and maybe you'll get a better response.
Shoes...

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2011, 03:13:09 pm »

Yeah, this should prolly not be in any release phase just yet. I'm not sure how it can be very competitive at this point either. Or well, a game in anything other than the technical sense.

It needs more, well, game. Challenge, flamethrowers, something. Right now it's just an exercise in efficient pathing, or maybe a movement tutorial. Having some sort of follow up won't be a bad idea; if the game is focused on collecting eggs then the first level ought to help show the player that in no uncertain terms. After that more and more of the games features ought to be apparent in the following levels, and they ought to lead to the player having to use different interacting elements in order to solve the issue at hand. That's what makes a good game anyway.
Pages: 1 [2]