Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Divinerivers the Town of God [C:Year 3000 Mod][Above Ground]  (Read 1137 times)

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Divinerivers the Town of God [C:Year 3000 Mod][Above Ground]
« on: February 09, 2011, 12:34:02 pm »

This is a game using the Colonisation:Year 3000 mod.

Feel free to claim a Human and name him, after yourself or otherwise. Also preferred profession, which I will give to them if possible. :)

...::The Situation::...

Her Royal Highness, Queen Elizabeth XXXVII, has sent out seven british colonists to form a new settlement, based in the region of Riverfold.

The dangers are imminent and forthcoming. If not bandits and raiders, then anonymously-sent Steel Robots clad with laser technology.

Divinerivers the Town of God has to be fortified and ready for defence within a matter of years. And so, with god, it shall. From the ground up, we must construct a haven, a jewel, amongst the rolling hills of the British-claimed region on this newly terraformed planet.

Spoiler: Starting Load (click to show/hide)

Introductory

The river turned out to be at the bottom of a 4-tier valley, so I set about with carving walls from the valley walls. The brook was frozen over, which the British had decided was a good location to drop their goods. I've set designations to have that moved asap, and then restricted the area.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Afterwards, I built a carpenters house! It has a carpenter's station in one room, with a bedroom for him in the adjoining room. I plan to build another room above the carpenter's station, with a platform and ramp leading down above and next-to the carpenter's room.

16th Felsite 126, Late Spring
Wonder Dimplebeak, Colony Leader

Channel is making excellent progress with cutting away into this valley. With luck, we should see our walls finished by this time next year.
Bow and Girder have also made swift process with the housing, not only having finished the one above but beginning on two more already. Quite spirited, these middle-class civilians.

I'd like to get the granary built soon, before any wild creatures descent upon us and we have to chase them down to retrieve our foodstuffs...

Oh, and, I saw a fox today.

23rd Hematite 126, Early summer
Wonder Dimplebeak, Colony Leader

Curses! That damned fool woman Channel dropped half of the mountain on herself! She's broken her left leg, a rib and her upper spine!
We don't have any doctors on sit-...Dammit. She just died in her bed. We'll bury her at sunset. I'll take over her drilling duties. Roar is already crafting a coffin.

28th Hematite, 126, Early Summer
Wonder Dimplebeak, Colony Leader/Driller.

Ah wonderful, migrants have arrived. Wing Sealtax, a talented Cook and Cradle Conventwhirl, a talented Gem Setter, arrived with a stray Tabby kitten and a stray Yorkshire Puppy. I'll set Cradle to carpentry duties, we need to get more buildings built, and faster, and have a Kitchen built for this cooking fellow.

8th Malachite, 126, Mid-Summer
Wonder Dimplebeak, Colony Leader/Driller

We finally finished the grave of Channel Splatterduty at the brook-side today and buried her. Rest in Peace, old friend.

16th Galena, 126, Late-Summer

I have reassigned the Gem Setter, Cradle Conventwhirl, to take over duties as logistician so we can get a count on our food stocks. Meanwhile, the granary's construction has begun.

18th Galena, 126, Late-Summer

A caravan from Confederacy Grain arrived today with our Colony Liaison, Deify Velvetfold. We've told the Caravan to move on, for we have nothing of worth to trade, or anything we wish to buy. Yet, they will not leave. Stubborn bastards. I intend to meet up with the Liaison once I've dug out the rest of the hill for this granary... I'f he'd give just a minute of peace, though! He's chirping over my shoulder, constantly trying to speak with me.

...Also, I havn't seen Girder Palechamber for a while. I wonder where he is? I'll have to chase him up some time...

2nd Limestone, 126, Early Autumn

Autumn has come. Cradle brought the latest reports to me for the season, and it turns out his friend Wing has been very productive. 66 prepared meals! Ha! We should be fine this coming winter, if we can get him to brew us some beer, that is.

27th Limestone, 126, Early Autumn

Ah! We found Girder Palechamber. The fool had stranded himself up at the top of the housing lot, wedged between two walls. We fetched the idiot down and dived head-first into the beer barrel. Sigh.

1st Sandstone, 126, Early Autumn

I am happy to report that I have been voted in for a second term of office! Treat your peasan...civilians, well, and they will reward you in return, it seems. They did mention, however, that they were upset as to have no counsellor to go to after the death of Channel. I have designated Cradle the Logistician as the new counsellor, seeing as he doesn't spend that much time actually bookkeeping any more, as they are up to date.

10th Sandstone, 126, Early Autumn

Yargh! Raccoons! As we charged after the thieving bastards, our long-term guests, Liaison Velvetfold decided it was a good time to begin negotiations. I pushed the fool out of the way and we just about caught the oversized rats as they made off with our rations. Phew.
We decided to kill some deer, too.

I've ordered Coil Machine Rifles (And bolts), Armoured Power Suit equipment and Sonic Deflectors to be brought to us. We will be needing them for sure, very soon.

23rd Sandstone, 126, Early Autumn

Ah, more migrants. Merchant Eldershaft claims he is an adequate driller, and his companion Monk Scuffleowl claims to be a talented tanner and competent clothier. A fellow called Rumor Groovetest is a Talented Milker, and more importantly, a competent appraiser. He shall be our new trader.
Also, the brook has frozen over. We are expecting first snow very soon.

It would seem that Amulets and Fish are in high demand at the capital, for they are willing to pay up to 204% extra for them... Amulets, eh?

6th Timber, 126, Early Autumn

The first snows have arrived... it's suddenly so much more depressing. Ah, how I long for the summer's sun again already... Myself and this Eldershaft fellow are making excellent progress. The first upper layer of the wall has been carved out. We'll be working on the next layer down next week.

4th Obsidian, 126, Late Winter

Egh... We are facing hydration. Our beer is gone, and the brook is still iced over. We pray for an early summer... Agh! More racoons!!

Heh, looks like our wall came into use. With it being two levels high, it was too high for the raccoons to climb over. We cornered the thieves rats and killed them. Now if only we had a butcher...

1st Granite, 127, Early Spring

Ah, first day of spring. We have yet to see any sunshine to melt away this ice to save us, but we are managing well. I have attached to this transmittion aerial imagery of our progress.

15th Granite, 127, Early Spring

Damn... Our first casualty of the ice-drought, Bow Strapvalley. The others are looking in pretty bad shape, too...

10th Slate, 127, Early Spring

This is a difficult time for us. I myself have lost my temper a time or two... Wing Sealtax the Cook has died from Thirst, the second victim of this drought.

11th Slate, 127, Early Spring

Bolt Moonprice the Farmer has fell to the drought, and Roar Rightclash has destroyed a door in a fit of rage... However, the snows are melting.

12th Slate, 127, Early Spring

Monk Scuffleowl the Tanner has died from thirst.

13th Slate, 127, Mid-Spring
Girder Palechamber, Colony Leader/Carpenter

Wonder Dimplebeak died of thirst last night, and I am now temporary Colony Leader. There are six of us remaining, just under half of us have fell, including my lover Bolt. Corridor Spreadamuse grieves also for her lost Love.

14th Slate, 127, Mid-Spring
Girder Palechamber, Colony Leader/Carpenter

Cradle Conventwhirl has fallen to the drought.

15th Granite, 127, Early Spring
Merchant Eldershaft, Colony Commander/Driller

So many have died... Girder and Roar fell last night.

16th Granite, 127, Early Spring
Corridor Spreadamuse, Colony Leader/Counsellor/Priest/Colonial Commander

I am the last alive... if... barely... Gods save us...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 04:40:26 pm by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divinerivers the Town of God [C:Year 3000 Mod][Above Ground]
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 03:48:59 pm »

Placeheld.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
Re: Divinerivers the Town of God [C:Year 3000 Mod][Above Ground]
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 08:55:01 am »

Could have a human named Jacen?
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.