Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stuff about rooms.  (Read 794 times)

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stuff about rooms.
« on: February 08, 2011, 01:10:42 pm »

If I assign a dorf a room with a personal table, will the dorf consiter that table theirs or will i have to assign them as dining rooms?

Peaceful Slugman

• Bay Watcher
  • dont axe me bro
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff about rooms.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 01:24:11 pm »

for what its worth, I sometimes see my introverted bookkeeper eat at his office instead of the central dining room. The place is only designated as an office not a dining room.

If the roomed you assigned is a bedroom, i'm not sure.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 01:44:59 pm »

I love how bookkeepers haul off entire barrels of booze. btw.

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 01:58:20 pm »

If a building is in a dwarf's room, it's his. At least a furniture building.

A chair and table in a dwarf's room make the dwarf consider eating there once in a while. Don't do it, have them use THE Dining Room
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 01:51:44 am »

But then you get the complaint about not enough tables
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 02:11:35 am »

Then add more tables...Problem solved   :)

noob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 03:15:58 am »

wat about hospitals? lazy bums keep taking up beds without being injured.
LOSING IS FUN!

ZetaX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 07:11:48 am »

They seem to use any table for eating, regardless of being their own or being a dining room. Which kind of sucks...

Malibu Stacey

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 08:27:25 am »

The only dwarves I've ever noticed using a table for eating are those who own the room the table is in (e.g. book keeper, mayor, nobles etc). A dwarf who owns a table will prefer that table over any others hence why you'll see your book keeper eating at his office desk.

If you have a constructed table which isn't part of a room, the dwarves will consider that a "free" table. They should prefer tables in dining rooms though over "free" tables but if the "free" table is closer to them when they decide they need to eat, they will pick that table to eat at instead. Note I said when they need to eat, not when they pick up food so building your dining room next to your food stockpile won't make any difference if they're 200 steps away from the dining room but 10 steps away from a "free" table as they'll run all the way over to your food stockpile & then back again to the "free" table as decisions about where to eat once they've got their food are made as soon as they get the "Eat" job.

noob if you want to stop people sleeping in hospitals, give them their own beds. Either build every dwarf his or her own bedroom & make sure they're assigned at least one room (married couples will share a bedroom but you can assign them both separate rooms if you like) or build dormitories with enough spare beds to house everyone who needs to sleep at any given time. Note dormitories, like most things in this game, are bugged & you need to create a dormitory from each bed in the room otherwise they'll only see the bed you used to create the dormitory as being part of the dormitory (the rest will be seen as "free" beds same as the ones in the hospital are so again like the table issue above if they're closer to the hospital than the dormitory, they'll sleep in the hospital).
I bursted out laughing so hard at this that my dog woke up, came in the room, and looked at me like I'm an idiot.

Then proceeded to brag about how he has 27 kills on his kill list and is super-doggenly tough.