Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Adventure mode gets repetive.  (Read 1608 times)

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure mode gets repetive.
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2011, 04:11:51 pm »

What I do for adventuring is I start an adventurer and retire. I find out where my adventurer retired and build a castle for him nearby with fortress mode. Then I unretire the adventurer and set up a base in the castle.

You mean all your equipment stays there?
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2011, 07:50:32 pm »

It stays there, it just gets tossed around. Unless, of course, you put it in bins made of a dense metal like lead or platinum. It's the next best thing to adventurer made sites!
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2011, 08:22:47 pm »

It stays there, it just gets tossed around. Unless, of course, you put it in bins made of a dense metal like lead or platinum. It's the next best thing to adventurer made sites!
best place for storing items is in a lair... don't build anything on top of it just stash all your loot in there. everything else like building a fortified home next to it for the guy/gal is okay.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 [2]