Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nexus Wars Browser Game  (Read 3968 times)

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Nexus Wars Browser Game
« on: February 07, 2011, 07:27:58 am »

So, I played this some years ago and wanted to return to it, only to find it closed.
Very sad, as its without a doubt one of the best browser games I've ever played.
The game was heavily inspired by Urban Dead in terms of user interface and game mechanics, yet wholly its own unique creation.
It was a gem of a game and now I'll never get to play it again :(

So question, do any of you people out there know of similiar games?
I've played both Urban Dead and Shartak, but they don't really do it for me despite the similiarity, so something other would be nice.

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Nexus Wars Browser Game
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 01:27:42 pm »

Nexus Clash (didn't realise they'd changed the name from Worlds In Global Battle Locked until today)

It's a remake of Nexus War that's very similar to it, with the biggest difference being different 'breaths' where your characters are reset every few months. I haven't been playing it for a long while, but it seems like a good successor.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 10:52:06 pm »

Nexus Clash (didn't realise they'd changed the name from Worlds In Global Battle Locked until today)

It's a remake of Nexus War that's very similar to it, with the biggest difference being different 'breaths' where your characters are reset every few months. I haven't been playing it for a long while, but it seems like a good successor.

Awesome!

Thanks a lot, I actually googled "Games similiar to Nexus Wars" without encountering this.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 03:38:40 am »

I loved nexus wars ! Shame got shut down :(, will have to try this nexus clash ^_^
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 08:43:24 am »

So, apparently there's a Dwarf Fortress faction in game, so I'm guessing at least someone other than me plays.

As for the game itself, it is very similiar to Nexus Wars, which is a good thing. The layout is certainly not as professional, but it works.
Apparently the game itself should have all the features Nexus Wars had, and some new ones as well. Right now, I'm spending my time punching random people for XP.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 09:53:11 am »

Hopefully we get more classes and tiers. Would be cool to reach Demi-god sort of status
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 01:02:37 pm »

I think the classes will stay the same. I'm in oblivion squadron myself
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 02:26:11 pm »

Hopefully we get more classes and tiers. Would be cool to reach Demi-god sort of status
So far its the same as the old Nexus Wars. However the game is reset once every year so far as I can tell.