Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]

Author Topic: GeneRTD Turn 36!  (Read 22218 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: GeneRTD Turn 36!
« Reply #375 on: January 15, 2011, 10:53:58 pm »

Excuse me, sir. You promised me some mysterious bonus along with the gold. From the phrasing, I inferred that it would not be the already agreed upon coinage, but some sort of item.

Try to remember what all the town contains, such as types of shops and where the stables are.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 03:29:08 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 15, 2011, 11:19:32 pm »

I could have sworn I'd promised less than that. Uuugh, this is annoying. If you'd rather, I could fix it now and you could think of a new turn. Or just do what you want now, either way.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 15, 2011, 11:21:30 pm »

fix it now I guess. My next turns gonna be boring either way.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 15, 2011, 11:42:59 pm »

Just follow Tom Bom about as he goes sniffing for evil
All generalizations are false....including this one.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 16, 2011, 06:30:12 pm »

Cautiously advance with shield up. Ask the farmer if he has any skills in battle.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 16, 2011, 10:20:32 pm »

OP says mages start with 0 Arcane and 1 Silly and we get two skills, both of which I put into Arcane. Also, by "roll a five or a six to advance", it means before modifiers, correct?

Anyways, Use arcane magic to scry Red The Red.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 16, 2011, 10:37:35 pm »

FUCK. Fixed. Jesus shit-Christ, what was wrong with me when I wrote this turn?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 18, 2011, 11:11:21 pm »

Use speech on kobolds
Get compliance from kobolds

"I bring to you the head of the terrible beast that had plagued our people. But as my band celebrated victory our homeland was once again being attacked by the so-called civilised folk. We have tried to exist with them, to tolerate their attacks, to live with them hunting us for sport, but they will never grow bored of it, and we will never be free. I have seen their land and they are in chaos, easily exploited, but given a threat they will unite into a terrible foe that could destroy us."

"I propose an end to this strife, a way to end these vile attacks. I say that as we are, we cannot fight the cities. That we cannot change their hatred of us. That, as we are, we cannot end their raids. So I say we must change, not who we are, but what we are. We must go from haphazard scavengers to an organised and dedicated community. We will dig burrows so deep and string that no others shall ever find them. We shall gather not just enough food to eat, but enough to last us for dozens of seasons, so that we will never again be desperate, and store it where no others can reach. We shall turn our entrances into a maze, so cunning that only those who already know the path can find their way through. And we shall build a force of warriors greater than any that has been seen before, who fight with cunning and adaptability enough to make all kobolds proud."

"When we have done this, we will not attack. We will wait, we will set a trap for them, we will wait until they are desperate. Then we will offer them aid, they will be forced to accept whatever terms we give, and our victory shall last throughout the ages. It will be a long, difficult struggle, but when it is done the humans will be at our mercy, and they will thank us for it!"
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 23, 2011, 07:03:19 pm »

We must continue this RTD!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 23, 2011, 07:24:38 pm »

I know, but after last turn's debacle I needed a one-week (and ONLY one-week) break to ensure that I was prepared for it. That and I still need to update my Transformers RTD but I still have like four people that need to turn in their turns. Argh.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 23, 2011, 07:26:51 pm »

Also you can't rush excellence.

CJ I DEMAND that you take more time to do this.

(More time as in you take longer to do it, so as it to be at maximum quality)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 02, 2011, 04:06:10 pm »

Do you guys know how hard it is to update this when only your phone has internet? Really hard. I'll update if it's ever fixed.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 02, 2011, 04:56:53 pm »

lol. OK, that's fine. Waiting for a computer is totally understandable.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]