Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Four civilisations were shown when embarking, only one in Civilisation list?  (Read 814 times)

Dwarfotaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The embark screen showed Dwarves, Goblins, Elves, Humans. When I press c in my fortress, I only see Dwarves? I was under the impression if they're not on the [c]iv screen you will never see them (Which sucks, part of the reason I chose this embark was because it had access to those four races). Can they show up at a later date? What went wrong if not :S?

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile

The civ screen after embark are only the civilazations that have shown up so far.

Haruspex_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If all they showed up on the embark screen, they should show up on your [c] screen when you make direct contact with those races (thieves, caravans, diplomats etc)

EDIT: Ninja

Dwarfotaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm. I always saw the wiki or people say "If it's not in the civilisation screen you will NEVER interact with them."

I guess all this time I assumed the wrong civ screen? I thought they meant the in-fortress screen but they meant the embark page D:

Also you say the Civ screen will show ones I've interacted with? I have an unnamed bat man civ on the screen but I haven't even been near the caverns...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Caverns are a little buggy still, it shows you things you shouldn't know about, like certain special blue swords or entire civilizations.  There was (still is?) a bug that causes your fort's created wealth to skyrocket as it factors in cavern goods as part of your owned goods.  It also shows the cavern quasi-civs even when it doesn't count cavern value.

Dwarfotaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stock screen says I own a few blow guns and shields (which aren't mine, I never made or embarked with any), I assume this is the bat man equipment?

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile

Yeah, it's their equipment. Also, if you have a long fort, the batmen children will be friendly to you. They are also friendly if you kill enough FBs.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)

Yeah, it's their equipment. Also, if you have a long fort, the batmen children will be friendly to you. They are also friendly if you kill enough FBs.

Well, yeah. You've freed them from the tyranny of unholy abominations forgotten by the rest of the world. They damn well better be friendly to you.

noob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

they only show up when you trade/kill/see them
LOSING IS FUN!

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile

Bat people have kids? I had a long-running fort and they all just died of old age.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile

I heard about someone's underground civilisation had friendly children. He/I may be wrong or your civ may have only had one gender.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

ghosteh

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Charles Bronson
    • View Profile

Stock screen says I own a few blow guns and shields (which aren't mine, I never made or embarked with any), I assume this is the bat man equipment?

also look out for batamarans and grapnel guns
I've killed enough humans to know their patterns.