Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: An idle peasant among legendary+5 dwarves  (Read 1499 times)

Noctriate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
An idle peasant among legendary+5 dwarves
« on: February 03, 2011, 02:19:04 am »

I was created from the combined loins of a competent trader, my mother, and a proficient dyer, my father. I sprawled from the womb in late Moonstone 1990, near the beginning of Opal 1991 in The Age of Ignorance. Crawling within my parent's assigned 1x1 bedroom, I ached for more. I began to walk and then I ran across this world known as "Earth The Universe Of Uncertain-Ambiguity".

Being caught in the rain, sleeping without a proper bed, witnessing death, enduring the decay of a friend, and being fond of drink, but not industry, I have learned and grown. It is now Obsidian 2011 in The Age of Frustration. I am 20. A dabbling mechanic, dyer, and cook, I hold the status of Peasant, and I am idle.

I dream of the day I will become struck with a Fey mood and find my true calling, my destiny, to become a legendary dwarf.  I want to fight the greats of lore. Forgotten beasts, dragons, and hydras would fall by my battle-axe of passion if they still existed in this age. But, I am quick to discourage, for I feel that I may have to settle for the title I harbor, forever.

Perhaps I shall migrate from the mountainhomes of "Oregon Cascadia-Heart" with the next caravan and begin my ascent to Legendary Dwarfhood. Until then, I will dream and remain an idle Peasant among Legendary+5 Dwarves.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An idle peasant among legendary+5 dwarves
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 02:31:03 am »

Heh.  I see what you did there.  I'm tempted to write my own, but I'm too busy slacking off.

[5th]Lupin

• Bay Watcher
  • Since '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 07:20:17 pm »

Perhaps I shall migrate from the mountainhomes of "Oregon Cascadia-Heart" with the next caravan and begin my ascent to Legendary Dwarfhood.

It's not too bad here in Oregon Cascadia-Heart as long as you ignore all the elves.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 10:47:05 am »

Heh.  I see what you did there.  I'm tempted to write my own, but I'm too busy slacking off.
An idle poster amongst Ledgendary+5 Forumers?
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."