Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WHERE ARE MY COMPANIONS?!?!  (Read 783 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
WHERE ARE MY COMPANIONS?!?!
« on: February 03, 2011, 04:00:34 pm »

One companion disappeared. Meh. He was a peasant and I had another to protect me from bogeymen.
My other one vanished after I slew a unique night creature, slept, and fast-traveled away. She was a master lasher and also, as a companion, keeping me from being murdered by bogeymen in my sleep as we traveled deep into the wilderness.

UH oh.

How did this happen?
(BTW both were former adventurers of mine.)

EDIT: Oh, and I got killed by a camel after that. Darn you unreliable companions! And you too, peasant who can't be bothered to tell me of quests!

EDITEDIT: Found them in the Adventurer Mode menu. The lasher went back home, the other was right about where I left him: The general vicinity of a dwarvish fortress.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 04:30:59 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WHERE ARE MY COMPANIONS?!?!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 04:55:20 pm »

One companion disappeared. Meh. He was a peasant and I had another to protect me from bogeymen.
My other one vanished after I slew a unique night creature, slept, and fast-traveled away. She was a master lasher and also, as a companion, keeping me from being murdered by bogeymen in my sleep as we traveled deep into the wilderness.

UH oh.

How did this happen?

EDIT: Oh, and I got killed by a camel after that. Darn you unreliable companions! And you too, peasant who can't be bothered to tell me of quests!

EDITEDIT: Found them in the Adventurer Mode menu. The lasher went back home, the other was right about where I left him: The general vicinity of a dwarvish fortress.

You'll leave behind any companions who are unconscious when you travel.  Sometimes, you'll wake up before your companions, so if you leave immediately they'll stay behind if you don't wait for them to wake up.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: WHERE ARE MY COMPANIONS?!?!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 05:09:26 pm »

UH oh.

How did this happen?

You'll leave behind any companions who are unconscious when you travel.  Sometimes, you'll wake up before your companions, so if you leave immediately they'll stay behind if you don't wait for them to wake up.
...oh.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 05:29:45 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.