Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Earthrise- Tabula Rasa meets Darkfall and Fallen Earth  (Read 1063 times)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Earthrise- Tabula Rasa meets Darkfall and Fallen Earth
« on: February 04, 2011, 11:12:47 am »

Earthrise launches today, so it may not be the best time to check it out http://www.play-earthrise.com/

expect a few launch hiccups since the servers are going live as we speak and there are a lot of people who have been waiting and pressing F5 for the last 24hrs.

PVE, PVP, crafting, sci-fi, lots of choices. I played the beta and it's great but a bit sparse right now, like most new mmo's. Keep it on your radar for sometime in the next 3 months.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Earthrise- Tabula Rasa meets Darkfall and Fallen Earth
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 11:16:22 am »

"Maintenance". ::)

That's not even how you spell it, is it?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 11:30:42 am »

that is how you spell it and I'm not surprised that it's down.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 12:55:55 pm »

I'm sad I never got into the beta. Hoping that they put up a trial ASAP.

These guys are also helping on Fallout Online so I hope it's good :P

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 01:11:16 pm »

Earthrise - Major horrible fail meets naked fail and holy-fuck-why-so-much-grind fail?

That should be your title... Quoting those games is honestly not putting Earthrise in a good perspective.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 04:05:47 pm »

That should be your title... Quoting those games is honestly not putting Earthrise in a good perspective.

Oh yeah, it's a grind. All sandbox MMO(or any sandbox game) is a grind. It's part of the whole concept of Sandbox play.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 04:17:12 pm »

Yeah, it's hard to make people "roleplay", especially with the amount of games and people who play them just to relax, so at least give them some distant goals. Otherwise there would be nothing to do, or the playerbase will be small and won't provide enough profit.

By the way, it looks like there will be a lot of "on sale" content, so you won't experience a real pvp on high levels unless you invest in it. Oh well, it's sad, but looking at the media I expected it, because the quality of the game is quite high, so it requires appropriate wages ;).

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Sinned

• Bay Watcher
  • <Intentionally left blank>
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 06:47:22 pm »

I love the pricing (conversion rates) they used on this...
When you find yourself in the company of a dwarf and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon... just the dwarf.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 06:52:42 pm »

While players will be able to select and use free gear, the Exemplar Armor set is the best of the free gear sets. It is designed with enhanced durability, increased stats and licensed free of insurance taxes, meaning you will never lose it in combat.
I guess no loss of monies at death?  No consequences except for lost time getting back and forth?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 07:03:07 pm »

Oh yeah, it's a grind. All sandbox MMO(or any sandbox game) is a grind. It's part of the whole concept of Sandbox play.
Not really. It's only part of the erroneous concept MMOs have to keep people playing and paying.

MMO approach:
Lets keep advancement slow. People are rewards whores, so they will spend months grinding for rewards.

Anyone-with-3-digits-of-IQ's approach:
Lets make the game fun, if people have fun they will stay, no need for this stupid grind.