Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Teleported to Hell  (Read 941 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Teleported to Hell
« on: February 02, 2011, 01:07:38 am »

I was fighting in a random ambush and I suddenly got the option to attack a Flame haunt. Naturally, I was confused but decided to do it anyway. Well, I charged and apparently dove down through 60 z-layers and about a mile of solid rock straight into hell because I was suddenly in a dark cave, surrounded by glowing pits, unable to travel and being savaged by clowns. I was a Void master (genesis mod) though, so I was able to slaughter the lot, but I'm trapped in hell with no way out. I guess this begins "CTHULU'S ADVENTURES IN HELL".

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Teleported to Hell
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 01:22:49 am »

Sad enough you can't build a house in hell and then retire there while youre dorfs try to extract you out of there =3 (ofc the dorfs will die but hey that could be fun)

Sounds like you just stood by a monster that was wandering hell... and heck you found a nais bug
Desu

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 01:43:57 am »

This happens when you are above a creature that is attacking something in the same cell below where you are going to walk to?...try to see if its the sleep swap bug please, sleep and see what happens.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 02:10:22 am »

I've heard of this before: this is what happens when you abuse the alt-move glitch (letting you target horizontally adjacent units not only on a different z-level but out of sight) with attack preference set to "charge".

You should be able to escape the same way, but you could easily end up somewhere besides the surface. Like magma.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 02:32:29 am by Knigel »

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 06:39:53 am »

Well damn, this happened to me once and I didn't get teleported anywhere. Humbug.  :P
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 07:34:51 am »

Sad enough you can't build a house in hell and then retire there while youre dorfs try to extract you out of there =3 (ofc the dorfs will die but hey that could be fun)

Sounds like you just stood by a monster that was wandering hell... and heck you found a nais bug
Well you can build a house in hell if you don't mind using utilities and moving the character to a certain spot by retiring them and recruiting them using another adventurer(to dump them there simply die or unrecruit using Dfusion). then using tweak, carve out a nice mansion for the resting guy. hopefully when you return back in fort mode and dig deep you might find him resting.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes