Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Zombies.  (Read 637 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Zombies.
« on: January 28, 2011, 07:43:10 pm »

I'm getting quite a few of these.  Particularly, zombie raccoons and foxes.  I have no idea what to do with them.  They're weak as paper and kittens will kill them, but I'm certain there's a use for these guys, aside from causing endless job cancels.

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zombies.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 07:50:33 pm »

Not really, the undead used to be more threatening (particularly skeletons as they had no organs to destroy so you just had to pound on them forever.. These days however they are pretty tame and more of an annoyance then anything else. 

-MB

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 07:54:14 pm »

Yes, I'm rather disappointed here too.  The zombies are weak, they're like regular creatures that have been pre-tenderized and don't run away, which makes it that much easier for my unarmed single soldier to run up and punch it.  No skeletons here, perhaps too low savagery to allow them.  I was almost looking forward to a theatrical skeletal crocodile massacre.  Apparently even skeletal goats are very lethal!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 08:00:48 pm »

Also, zombies underground produce miasma, even in cages.  Any use for this?

Mantonio

• Bay Watcher
  • Make Science!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 08:23:32 pm »

Nowadays I just use zombies as a form of Mayor annoyance.

In the Mayors quarters is a lever that only he can pull, that will completely destroy the fortress. Connected to his room is a room full of caged zombie animals.

Every few years, the mayor is put in his own military squad, and put into this room. A lever outside is pulled, opening all the cages. If he survives (and doesn't throw a fit afterwards and pull the Doom Lever) he gets to keep governing.
Who's the greatest warrior ever?
A hero of renown?
Who slayed an evil ocean?
Who cast the Lich King down?
BILLY!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 08:26:28 pm »

I just captured a minotaur.  I was gonna pit zombies on it until they wittled it down to nothing.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 08:36:12 pm »

Right now, the Undead (of both types) are a bit broken. Back when .31.0 was first released, some problem with the coding made the undead near-unkillable. Toady put in a temporary fix for this problem by replacing the normal damage system with a simple HP system, to keep the undead from ruining the game untill he could get them working right. As of right now, that system is still in, and it doesn't allow the undead to be very powerful. But once Toady fixes the undead, you had better watch your back...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.