Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarfy Things  (Read 2065 times)

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarfy Things
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2011, 12:37:49 pm »

They are. Kinda like the quote in your sig.
I read about someone that collapsed half their fort into the magma sea because of a misplaced channel.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2011, 07:36:40 pm »

Made a 100z execution tower/pit with the bottom floor open to the magma sea. Pitted a goblin. Pulled a lever. The lever extended the retractable bridge over the bottom of the pit. Imagine falling 95 floors and staring at the magma waiting at the bottom of the hole, then suddenly FLOOR OUT OF NOWHERE and you hit it and explode. I found his head on the balcony 20 levels up from the bottom.
くコ:彡

ElthMysterius

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Musician
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2011, 08:27:40 pm »

I am currently building an execution tower that also serves as my gatehouse. The bottom of the tower contains the passage which all caravans and invaders must pass through, flanked by walls of fortifications from which archers watch arrivals.

This ensures that any visitor's first impression of the fortress is of a hallway drenched in blood and gore, while wary marksdwarves leer at them from behind rows of fortifications, crossbows aimed and ready. To let them know WE ARE NOT TO BE TRIFLED WITH.
"Strike the earth!"
"A section of the cavern has collapsed"
"Your fortress has crumbled to its end"
Yeah, in the future you probably shouldn't strike the earth quite so hard

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2011, 09:34:52 pm »

Hmm, long drops make gobos explode?  I need a way to separate the limbs and skulls from bodies, so that I can make my Goblin Skull Totem adorned with Goblin Bones.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2011, 11:34:07 pm »

You'd still need to tweak dwarven ethics to allow them to make things of sentient creatures.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

shmelse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2011, 04:33:25 am »

You'd still need to tweak dwarven ethics to allow them to make things of sentient creatures.

hmmm, I can definitely use goblin bones as decorations, when the arms and legs on my stockpile finally rot to bone. I thought the problem was that you couldn't butcher them, not that you couldn't use them once they finally show up on their own. I haven't made any gobbo totems yet, though, so I can't confirm that that's possible. and I haven't touched that part of the raws. 
"Aye, th' fortress o' Barbedgear. They say th'r was a dinin' room dere...o' such splendor tha' it'd reduce ye te tears! Masterful engravings lined th' walls! Th' food was endless!"

"An' th' tables?"

"Oh, those fuckin' TABLES...*weeps gently into beard*"

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2011, 04:38:22 am »

Any bones you get from 'natural' means (pit dropping, axe dwarfs), can be used just fine, same for troll tusks. You cannot butcher the parts and partial skeletons that don't rot down to bones without changing the ethics in the raws tho.
Golbin teeth cannot be used, but I'm pretty sure there's just some tags missing for a few body parts in the raws, since i cannot use forgotten beast teeth either usually.
Pages: 1 [2]