Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Diplomat clones?  (Read 719 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Diplomat clones?
« on: January 28, 2011, 11:08:23 am »

So, I accidentally locked my diplomat in a box.  I was trying to stall the annual meeting until traders left, but then I forgot about him and another one arrived.  I now have two diplomats on screen, and one (this year's) is under attack from an ambush.  Also, apparently I did this two years, because there's another ghost of a diplomat, except he's labeled as a "Peasant" instead, and likewise this year's new diplomat is simply a Planter, while the unit screen shows him as a diplomat.

Oops?

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomat clones?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 12:23:53 pm »

Gotta catch 'em all! See if you can get one of every color!
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 12:33:22 pm »

Did you get any "diplomat has left unhappy" or "diplomat has gone insane" messages?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 01:09:54 pm »

First of all, Dwarves do not send diplomats - they send an outpost liaison. Actual Diplomats (sent by Humans, as well as by Elves if you've done some modding) are completely different and mostly unrelated.

The "Diplomat" label in the Unit list is just a unit status - it means that the unit is on the map for something diplomacy-related (i.e. being the Dwarven liaison, being a Human merchant noble, a Human diplomat, or an Elven diplomat). Since a Dwarven civilization can't have two outpost liaisons at once, it presumably couldn't assign the position and just left it with its usual random civilian profession based on skills.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.