Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: What is your fighting style?  (Read 12637 times)

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What is your fighting style?
« Reply #165 on: January 22, 2011, 04:28:59 pm »

^^Dwarves only get good weapons, and while you can't visit non-human civs you can still get ambushed by non-humans.

^He already mentioned martial trances.

Fluid

• Bay Watcher
  • Something has gone, Terribly wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 22, 2011, 09:29:36 pm »

As far as I know, Humans have larger size which gives them more damage, Elves have a speed bonus, and Dwarves get martial trance (major CTH bonus) and better metals.

I'm pretty sure every race can get enraged, which makes them do more actual damage in a hit.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 22, 2011, 09:51:24 pm »

Dwarves can build fortresses with weapons and armor for adventurers neatly packed into copper bins at the entrance.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 22, 2011, 10:32:38 pm »

Dwarves can build fortresses with weapons and armor for adventurers neatly packed into copper bins at the entrance.

But the armor can also be used by elves and the weapons can be used by anyone.

StreetPizza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 24, 2011, 01:08:33 pm »

I've never really tried (read: always been too lazy to try) the whole "build a fort to make weapons for your adventurer" thing. Came pretty close with an adamantine battleaxe before I had to do a hard drive wipe, though.

As for actual fighting, I prefer keeping on the move and engaging enemies one at a time, because I'm usually outnumbered by a pretty good margin. As of right now, my combat doctrine consists of "hit them, preferably in their arms/legs, until they're disabled and then move on to someone else." Throwing random crap works nicely too.
the soapmaker Urist McSudsy has come!  Beware his deadly cleansing action!

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 26, 2011, 11:18:41 pm »

I prefer to disable my enemies as quickly as possible, both one on one and group. Break the legs, back away and then work on the next victim. Also it helps to be superdwarven/human/elvenly agile, as I can quickly retreat to a secluded area and sneak behind them should  find myself grossly outnumbered.

Serrational

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentlemen prefer magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 27, 2011, 11:58:43 am »

I enjoy smashing my enemies with minor injuries, before moving in and chokeholding while my companions beat the literal shit out of them.

Means I always get killstealed though...
I figured the guy was a goner too when a noseless bat from hell flew right over the fortifications and attacked.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 27, 2011, 09:48:10 pm »

For some reason, I've discovered that punching a guy is far more effective than walloping him with a maul. My legendary hammerman was having trouble overcoming the fact that people actually wore armour, so we both decided it'd be better if we just punched heads in. I punched a guy in the chest, broke his spine. I punched a guy in the head, broke his brain.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 27, 2011, 11:21:30 pm »

Pepper enemies with my flying sharp rocks of DEATH then charge into the enemy horde, cutting down enemies as I go, occasionally picking up something heavy and throwing it at an enemy. Failure is always an option to some, but it's either Death or Glory in my book.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 28, 2011, 12:21:43 pm »

As of today, my style is: dagger coated with GCS venom.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 28, 2011, 04:18:00 pm »

As of today, my style is: dagger coated with GCS venom.

An explanation how would be nice. I've always wanted to be able to coat items with a liquid.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]