Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Migratory Blood  (Read 432 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Migratory Blood
« on: January 26, 2011, 11:26:08 am »

In damming up my river (which I finally succeeded in installing floodgates!) I ended up with a LOT of blood, everywhere.  My people seem to bathe in the stuff, getting covered in blood during every ambush, every gladiator batch, ever butchery of kittens, and apparently out of thin air!  When I pumped water out of the river and let it spread across my land (no more farming issues!) the blood was washed off and onto the ground... where it then proceeded to move.  The bloodstains moved with the water, but they moved against the current, towards the outspout of my pump setup!  It sort of squirms and flocks until hitting a tree, at which point it attaches to the tree because trees are like nature's walls.  I have a dozen trees that are now absolutely drenched in the blood of a dozen different ambushes and possibly hundreds of butchered animals.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Migratory Blood
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 11:44:58 am »

In 31.18 blood shouldn't spread so intensively. But I remember experiencing something like this when messing with pumps as well (much more smaller scale, I mean only my danger room). You can use dfcleanmap from df hack pack in modding section if that starts troubling you.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 11:48:47 am »

I was going to ask about that.  As badass as a blood covered fort is, I'm having trouble appreciating my nice dolomite floors!

Artzbacher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 01:10:15 pm »

I think blood spatter is treated like objects, so in the long run they might lead to FPS death. Do you have the DFhack bin? The cleanmap thingy really helps in reducing FPS problems.