Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Noble demotion?  (Read 800 times)

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
Noble demotion?
« on: January 25, 2011, 05:49:14 pm »

i had a baron. he got demoted back to a peasent. and then the diplomat came and said i was in for further advancement....
i am confused, and slightly amused. My fort is classed as a metropolis or such forth.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Noble demotion?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 05:50:32 pm »

My baroness died, and nothing happened after that.  Apparently I'm a country now, but I've got no new leaders, still the same Mayor.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 05:59:55 pm »

just sounds like its a tad broken and rather amusing if a bit dissapointing :)
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Hungry Elephant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 01:14:03 pm »

My baroness died, and nothing happened after that.  Apparently I'm a country now, but I've got no new leaders, still the same Mayor.
did she died or was a victim of a most unfortunate accident involving adamantine spikes and levers reserved to nobility?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 01:32:48 pm »

No, actually!  She mandated some crap, which I of course ignored, and she went berzerk, so I locked her door and outwaited her.

Hivemind

• Bay Watcher
  • PEEKABOO.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 01:38:40 pm »

did she died or was a victim of a most unfortunate accident involving adamantine spikes and levers reserved to nobility?

Silly elephant. Adamantine is too valuable to waste on nobles. They get a pit of wooden spears, like the long-eared tree-kissers they are.
Socks.  Lots and lots of socks.  It's the greatest Dwarven vice of all, outstripping alcohol by several orders of magnitude: the desire to own and haul as many feet-warming tubes of cloth as possible.
It's the tent of Hilarious Flying Shenanigans!  Everyone's favorite circus.

Hungry Elephant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 02:44:26 pm »

No, actually!  She mandated some crap, which I of course ignored, and she went berzerk, so I locked her door and outwaited her.
Ehy that's not change the whole thing. So she was a victim on a unfortunate accident. Looks like a door with a broken handle and a mass amnesia that made all the fellow dwarves forget about her.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 02:46:17 pm »

I'm likely to install flooding chambers in all my rooms soon, I just need to space the floors a bit.  Right now all my floors are on subsequent floors, but I need to relocate them with 1 level apart each, so I can install waterworks on the between-floors.