Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]

Author Topic: Kingmaker Mafia- Season 3! Game over!  (Read 38059 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Kingmaker Mafia- Season 3! Game over!
« Reply #345 on: January 25, 2011, 09:20:46 pm »

Ok, so theoretical changes so far:

Double kinging:  Ditch the restriction entirely.

Hero:  If he lynched, he dies, but so does king- essentially Super Saint.

Doctor being KM/other roles:  Probably not worth keeping without adding other roles, and the nature of the game favors it being role-light.  I agree about cops and vigs- they don't fit here.  Honestly, I don't like Merchant or Doc that much either- I'm tempted to just make it mountainous.

Game size/third party:  I'll try a bigger one once the kinks are worked out.  As far as third parties, a Lyncher would be an interesting twist, though the possibility of instawin if he's kinged should be addressed.

Kingmaker death voiding his choices:  The only issue with this one is it slows the game down if the Kingmaker dies.  Is there a good way to deal with this other than a 24 hour night extension?

BYOR Kingmaker:  Heh.  I think I saw a role-heavy one over at MafiaScum, but I don't recall a link to it.  It wasn't BYOR.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 25, 2011, 09:40:16 pm »

Well thanks. So I need to just scumhunt and try not to tunnelvision. I failed that over in BM XIX. Oh well, I'm still working on it. I certainly have become better then I was in the Christmas Mafia. Hopefully I will eventually get to be a better player, but I think that will mostly be experience and picking up on nuances of play.

And picking up some peoples metas. That helps a bit.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 25, 2011, 11:21:13 pm »

All those rules look to be about in order. I think a Mountainous Kingmaker set up would be preferable to getting all these roles to work out. This game was already pretty mountainous, since the Hero died before he could do anything, and it worked out fine.

Kingmaker death voiding his choices:  The only issue with this one is it slows the game down if the Kingmaker dies.  Is there a good way to deal with this other than a 24 hour night extension?

As I recall, the way webadict ran the last Kingmaker was that there was a night phase and a kinging phase. So if you want to run it like that it's unavoidable.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 26, 2011, 11:43:47 am »

Well, I have the KM send in a backup choice in case the primary is killed.  That covers everything but the KM himself dying.

I think I'll put this in signups once some of the current games clear up, and I'll try it Mountainous for next time.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 26, 2011, 11:46:26 am »

I think the doc's quite important to the game.  It forces the mafia to be more tactical about their kill than "Go for the most towny person every time".
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]