Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I want a fortress populated only by ghosts  (Read 5234 times)

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I want a fortress populated only by ghosts
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 12:36:45 am »

For the purposes of facilitating dwarven communications, all instances of the word "to" have been replaced with the word "magma".

check my sig.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Psychobones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 12:48:54 am »

For the purposes of facilitating dwarven communications, all instances of the word "to" have been replaced with the word "magma".

check my sig.

However, this specific instance of adding magma magma posts, IS.

Sivere

• Bay Watcher
  • Slightly Unhinged
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 04:06:03 am »

Ghosts are attracted magma the place where they died.

Not necessarily. I had a migrant soap maker mason who spent years building a roof outside. He died inside the fort, but I later found his ghost on the surface, on the roof of the surface keep. I also once had a ghost engraver who flickered between the magma sea, where he died, and my meeting hall.

According to the wiki there are different types of ghosts, but so far I've only seen the forlorn and restless haunts.

Still, I might be wrong, so I'll try to verify it once I'm reunited with my laptop.

And of course, by "popular spots" I meant places where my dwarves usually die. But as I said, some of them seem to be attached to places where they spent a lot of time.
Dwarfs will have access to the internet in version .99.99, when even Toady cannot push the game further. They will then discover the Bay12 Games website, creating an infinitely recursive chain of realities that will eventually reach critical mass and coalesce into DF 1.0, emerging from their web-based cocoon like some kind of meme-encrusted chrysalis.

Dreggon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2011, 05:09:21 am »

check my sig.

While adding magma magma anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" magma your post does not necessarily make it funny.

I believe I have rectified your problem, non-dwarf. Please do not hesitate magma contact me should you require further assistance.

I will endeavor magma be attacked by goblins. I hope that getting a dwarf killed in combat will cause him magma attack my other dwarves, and in the name of !!science!! I will do the same for various types of craftsdwarves.

Urist du Ghost McMason cancels Strange Mood: Interrupted by Urist du Ghost McBerserker.
Urist du Ghost McMason has gone stark raving mad!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2011, 05:23:14 am »

Curiously enough, I had the same idea (about a ghost fort, not about the stupid magma preposition substitution).

I was in the middle of making a mass grave for all my dead dwarves (over a hundred), but I've gotten bored with that. Instead, I'm going to remove all coffins and memorials and dump them in magma along with all the corpses. . I have a small map and simply cant afford to keep such a huge necropolis, plus I need the labor for megaprojects. Plus, if I manage to turn my whole complex into a ghost fortress, that will be an achievement in itself.

So now I need to ignore the ghosts and concentrate into building green glass blocks to keep building up.

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2011, 05:36:44 am »

I've had ghosts follow the last pathing order they had when dying (At least I think that was it), floating towards the entrance of the fort from the place they died, then flickering back where they started.

Other locations I've seen dwarfy ghosts? Their coffin. Corpseless deaths can claim coffins as a ghost. You may then designate the coffin as a Tomb. I have also had dwarven ghosts float up and down vertically through the floors of my fort. Starting at the top and ending at the bottom, where they worked in life. They died outside.

Never had a ghostly partier, but I have had a ghost come back as a different, angrier ghost when the slab with their name was deconstructed. Their ghostly location was where the slab had been built, not where they died, or where they'd been hanging out as a ghost.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]
Pages: 1 [2]