Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Trap components and copper  (Read 2768 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Trap components and copper
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 09:22:16 pm »

Were you using poor quality mechanisms? The quality of the mechanism acts sort of like weapon skill, I think.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2011, 09:25:19 pm »

Better mechanisms = more accurate.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2011, 09:28:19 pm »

The wiki suggests that upright spear/spike traps now work if something falls on them from above. I'm sure some creative use can be made of this.

Failing that, copper bolts are supposed to be quite a bit more effective than they used to be.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2011, 09:32:34 pm »

Spiked balls would be good if they behaved as blunt weapons which they don't seem too. I learned this when my silver spiked balls were repeatedly being deflected by bronze armor.
Somehow, I'm imagining that as a dwarven pinball game.

The wiki suggests that upright spear/spike traps now work if something falls on them from above. I'm sure some creative use can be made of this.
Yup, the only entrance to my fort is a 3-wide bridge that will eventually have a few lines of weak wooden weapons, to either exaust them so they can't dodge metal serrated discs, or force them to dodge into a spike- and possibly water-filled pit.
Or turn them into Legendary Dodgers before they reach my militia. FFUUUUUU-

-UUUN.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2011, 10:13:05 pm »

I've settled for an eight-tile long (by one tile wide) path covered in full-up ten-Spikey-Ball weapon traps, over a six-level fall into a pool of Magma. It seems to work. Especially the Magma.
Never pet a burning dog.

Pages: 1 [2]