Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Elves stole my clothes!  (Read 1746 times)

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
Elves stole my clothes!
« on: January 23, 2011, 01:34:00 pm »

WTF?

v31.18 Mayday. No mods.

An Elven Caravan arrived on the map-edge. It takes quite a while for them to reach my depot, so meanwhile I had my Dwarves start carrying out some stuff to sell them. I had been building up a lot of useless junk taken from invaders so I decided to sell off the invaders' silk clothes, currently stockpiled in Finished Goods bins. I marked about 15 Finished Goods bins for trade, and my Dwarves started carting them to the depot.

When the Elves arrived at the depot and started "unloading their goods", I checked the progress of my haulers... and everything that had already been carted out to the depot was now MISSING from the "trading/pending" list, and only about eight bins were still marked for trade... half of my stuff was gone!

Did the Elves steal my clothes? WTF???

They're gonna have to pass through my Magma trap to get out again...
Never pet a burning dog.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: Elves stole my clothes!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 02:24:25 pm »

I demand save!!
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 02:29:21 pm »

Actually, it's a pretty cool save. I've built a mega-project: an Orbital Defense System, capable of dropping 3,500 units of Magma as a single salvo in a cluster-pattern surrounding my fort entrance. Not the perfect defense system, perhaps... it takes about 18 months to reload. The Elves will have to cross ground-zero to get out again.

I've already traded with them (to see if they would try to sell me my own friggin' clothes), but the bins of clothes weren't in either trade list, theirs or mine.

Did you still want the save? The Elves are still at the Depot.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 02:32:40 pm by blue emu »
Never pet a burning dog.

Dragonchampion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 02:31:48 pm »

Happened to me in a similar fachion, but the elves actually walked over to my goods stockpile and stole some Gold Goblets from me.

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 02:38:06 pm »

Same, I was useing phobuses mod so I carried thing out, Beign a noob I didn't no how to trade so they left the thing and I didn't remove it from the depot, Then Another trader came by and when I finnaly found out how to trade I went to teh screen yet my things were not there...

I think to be able to trade you would have to place the object you wish to trade when they are at the depot or its coutned as something you don't wish to.

Watch the elfs won't leave with your stuff it will remain at the depot.
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
― Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 02:38:29 pm »

Actually, it's a pretty cool save. I've built a mega-project: an Orbital Defense System, capable of dropping 3,500 units of Magma as a single salvo in a cluster-pattern surrounding my fort entrance. Not the perfect defense system, perhaps... it takes about 18 months to reload. The Elves will have to cross ground-zero to get out again.

I've already traded with them (to see if they would try to sell me my own friggin' clothes), but the bins of clothes weren't in either trade list, theirs or mine.

Did you still want the save? The Elves are still at the Depot.
if you dont have a save immediately prior to the thievery then no, I'd rather trying to duplicate it with my own elves.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Ipwnurmom221

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 06:30:04 pm »

I'd like a copy of that save too.

Elves have never stole my clothes before
"I haven't seen my parents in nearly a year, I can't move a foot in any direction, I spend all my days being attacked by animals, and I've been forced to drink sheep puke- wow that's a nice floor grate!"

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 08:21:51 pm »

It seems to have been a bug, all right... but not quite what I thought it was.

While the Elves were apperoaching my fort, my Dwarves carried about half of the stuff (old clothes, mostly) marked for trading out to the depot. It clearly displayed as "Trading" in the Depot 'q' - 'g' view. Once the Elves arrived at the Depot and started unloading their goods, everything that had already been carried out disappeared... the Finished Goods Bins and their contents were not visible in any mode that I tried: 'q' - 'g' on the Depot didn't show them; 't' on the Depot showed no contents except the Depot's own construction materials; and 'k' on the Depot tiles didn't show them either. I naturally assumed that the pointy-eared theives had stolen my clothes.

... but after the Elven Merchants left, the Finished Goods Bins and their contents were visible again, inside the Depot.

Pretty sure it's some sort of display bug.
Never pet a burning dog.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 08:36:50 pm »

Any export mandates happening? Would be my only explanation for this.

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2011, 08:51:14 pm »

Any export mandates happening? Would be my only explanation for this.

No, my Baroness only mandates (or prohibits export of) Brass items, Earrings and Anvils. Her little mental universe contains nothing else.
Never pet a burning dog.

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 09:30:00 pm »

Don't let those stinking tree huggers get away with it. Burn them. Burning is always the solution.