Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Giant tile set request  (Read 635 times)

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
Giant tile set request
« on: May 01, 2007, 10:58:00 am »

If anyone has time to do i giant tile set i would reatly appreciate it my eyes are bad.
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

herrbdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Giant tile set request
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 12:34:00 pm »

My 16x16 will have large letters, you should try it as soon as I can post it... it's nearly ready for testing round 2. I expect to have a usable 16x16 font by Wednesday, and a polished 16x16 font by the weekend.

Eiba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 04:25:00 pm »

As great as a giant tileset would be, there is the issue where the display is hardcoded to have 80 tiles across- In other words, if you make big (number of pixel-wise) tiles you'll have to up the resolution and it's just as hard to see in the end.

A tileset that's smaller (number of pixel-wise) might actually be easier to make out, as each pixel would be bigger (if you still stretched all 80 tiles across the screen).

John Hopoate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 03:57:00 am »

You could stick with the default "Curses 640x300" font if you fiddle around with the resolution in the init.txt file:

[WINDOWED:YES]

This is the size and font for windowed mode.  Changing to 800x600 and the 800x600 font might make you happier.

[WINDOWEDX:1280]
[WINDOWEDY:600]
[FONT:curses_640x300.bmp]